three amigos cache. bentons

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0630.JPG DSC_0631.JPG DSC_0632.JPG DSC_0633.JPG DSC_0634.JPG DSC_0635.JPG DSC_0636.JPG DSC_0637.JPG DSC_0638.JPG DSC_0639.JPG DSC_0640.JPG DSC_0641.JPG

Hey everyone. just wanted to share my find from about two weeks ago. they were all stacked on the same rock, largest right at 6 inches. one side of each has a build up on them that does not wash off. i have been told to leave it. main reason i posted these guys up here is to motivate the seekers not to give up. never in my life did i think i would find something like this. leave no rock un-turned :) happy hunting *

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! What a special day for you! Congrats!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 beauties what a find.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Those are beautiful…what do you think the build up on the one side is? This is intriguing for sure.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and I am motivated, but wait there's still snow covering the ground and more coming tonight to top that. Are you saying these were under a random rock you look under?. I once found a point under a huge boulder that had a overhang on one end. For some reason I looked up in there and found a crude jasper point, but I was thinking it got washed up in to that cave hole. Maybe it was placed there? I never flip rocks over when looking, so maybe I should start doing that when I'm out slowly running my eyes over the ground?

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think they are ceremonial? I watched a documentary on a point that was found in a cave in Virginia that was likely made by a culture from Europe which provides evidence that Europeans settled in America before Asians crossing the land bridge. Anyway, it showed them making ceremonial blades, stacking them in a hole, throwing some kind of paint/dust on them and burying them before their hunt..

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You talking the "solutrean hypototesis" It be cool if there was found some hard evidence to the therory...

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Can you elaborate on the story...were they just sitting on top of a rock in the woods or in a creek? I bet you must have been super stoked.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Stunning! Major congrats. On the main board for finds I wouldn't be surprised if it went Banner.

Amazing

OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the build up goes people have called it different things, caliche, concretion, calcium deposits, ect. Basically it's the same feel as old concrete. No amount of normal washing touches it. Some have said if I soak them in a vinegar bath that it will remove it. By far though every one has said not to touch it because I guess i isn't something that can be faked and adds value, money isn't important to me though.

They very well could be ceremonial since there is no evidence of resharpening or use, plus the size would seemingly make them impractical for everyday use. I'm not an expert though.

I found these about 2 feet down in a small outcropping where I have done some digging. They were all basically touching, stacked/sitting next to each other. When the first one popped out I basically lost it then when the other two appeared I just sat there in disbelief. Never in my life did I think I would find something like this.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions