Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting deep iron signals at the old tavern site, I have pulled well over fifty pounds to date. Dug my third cannon projectile. With Rev buttons and the war of 1812 buttons surfacing it looks like two different types of iron, maybe two different time periods for these projectiles. All three balls at there widest are 1 5/8, one of them looks to be experimental or the mold halves slipped before the iron cooled. Art

Attachments

• Cannon.jpg
    Cannon.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 616
  • offset.jpg
    offset.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
Nice old Artillery Finds!
You could display them as an old 'Pawnshop' style sign ;D

Thanks guys... I do like the sign idea. If I find a few more of these things I will start a collection... :icon_pirat:

I missed some of the tavern finds :icon_scratch: seems like having 3 balls has it's advantages :D Great site with some nice digs Arty 8) 8)

I guess 3 balls are better ; ....never hurts to have a spare, in case you lose one ; (which would be a "crying" shame). BTW , that offset one is exactly that ! I dug one just like it at an early furnace site in the pine barrens, where they were known to make them. Others had 1/2" long sprews. Guess there was a lot of drinking going on there.........

Nice finds for sure, in your site you should try and dig all targets. It looks like you are on the right track. HH

I found thousands of artifacts, my lazy side comes out every now and then and my finds don't make it to the big times.[quote

CMDiamonddawg
I missed some of the tavern finds. seems like having 3 balls has it's advantages. Great site with some nice digs Arty

I was wondering what they would sound like cutting through the air being non aerodynamic. I thought maybe someone was playing. With the offset at its longest its a 1 5/8 the same as the others. Something you wont hear, common over I have shine and we will make ball for the cannon. :merror:

I guess 3 balls are better ; ....never hurts to have a spare, in case you lose one ; (which would be a "crying" shame). BTW , that offset one is exactly that ! I dug one just like it at an early furnace site in the pine barrens, where they were known to make them. Others had 1/2" long sprews. Guess there was a lot of drinking going on there.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back