What's new

Three Items I Need Help Identifying

pjchris

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 4, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father used to pick up arrowheads, etc on walks through the fields around Cranbury, NJ. I have separated out three of his finds that I suspect might be tools and not actually arrowheads. The first two have a sharp notch in the side, have their largest thickness away from the one edge and fit nicely and comfortably between thumb and forefinger. The last is an odd shaped stone that might be a specialized harpoon tip or spear tip for fishing? (just guessing). Anybody hazard an identification? TIA Paul

Tools 001.webpTools 002.webpTools 003.webp
 
Upvote 0
I lived in the Great Meadows NJ and hunted all throughout the region. From what I see of the pieces based on just one side you have two Madison triangles(Woodland time period) one made from flint and the other red jasper. The last piece is a Levanna triangle(Woodland time period) and made out of purple or black argillite. They are all arrowheads..................Hope this helps!.........................GTP
 
Thanks everyone. Paul
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom