Three little finds - one for each century

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I spent the afternoon at the house I grew up in. The more I dig there the older I think the site could be. I went into the walkin cellar of an outbuilding/barn next to the main house and I saw hewn beams which still have the tree bark. I believe that pre-dates 1800 and could have been the original house on the site.

I am still waiting for delivery of my X-Terra :wink: so I am doing what I can with sub-standard equipment. Still found some cool things today and when I thought about them I realized they spanned the 18th - 20th centuries - pretty neat.

1) A Buffalo nickel dated 1928

2) A Hard Times Token - "I take the Responsibility" which I think is circa ~1833

3) A broken kaolin pipe stem - I measured the bore with a drill bit and I got 5/64". This gives it a probability of it being produced 1710-1750 . But there is a 20% chance it could be 1750-1800.

Thanks for looking! ;D

24odp9g.jpg

Upvote 0

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
That is cool that you found stuff at your old home place. Part of my parent's house was built before the civil war but the people who lived there before they bought it must have never gone to the dump and instead threw all the trash out of the windows. There was trash 6 to 8 feet hgh all around the house and scattered everywhere. I tried to dig it but it is just about hopeless :'(
I hope you find a lot more goodies there.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
Bramblefind

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Thanks!

That is cool that you found stuff at your old home place. Part of my parent's house was built before the civil war but the people who lived there before they bought it must have never gone to the dump and instead threw all the trash out of the windows. There was trash 6 to 8 feet hgh all around the house and scattered everywhere. I tried to dig it but it is just about hopeless
I hope you find a lot more goodies there.

Ugh - that trash must be incredibly frustrating.

I haven't had to deal with too much trash there but I think the best artifacts were probably lost due to remodeling, landscaping projects etc. I also have to deal with an array of underground electrical & telephone wires which seem to come and go out of no where.

Keeps me on my toes :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread