Three Minute Sterling Crucifix

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a little time while family members went to an appointment today. Went to a nearby park and dropped the coil on the lawn near the tennis courts. About three minutes later, had a nice 68 VDI and solid, repeatable tone. I found a pretty little crucifix, marked "STERLING BLI" :hello2: I learned that "BLI" is a shortened maker's mark for the BLISS jewelry company.
cross1.jpgcross2.jpg

The rest of the hunt was filled with small change and junk. I am thankful because during the past four hunts, I have found sterling jewelry of some kind, including earrings, a bracelet, and now this crucifix.

Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to all, Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Hello Sub. Nice...things always go better with "STERLING" on the label. Hope your streak continues. Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C9

Sweet little treasure hunt there! Congrats on the finds! :occasion14:

Well done Lance!

You have been all over the jewelry lately.

Congrats on the nice crucifix, and best of luck to you sir.

I love the religious jewelry pieces. Especially in a precious metal composition. Very nice find there. Keep rolling buddy.:icon_thumright:

I love the religious jewelry pieces. Especially in a precious metal composition. Very nice find there. Keep rolling buddy.:icon_thumright:

Thank you Kurios1,

Odd thing is, it came out of the ground so blackened with patina that I first thought it was a corroded, plated brass piece. When I got it home and started scrubbing on it, the silver shined through and I discovered the hallmark! Most silver items that I have found have come out of the ground pretty shiny, but this time, the soil must have been weird or over fertilized. Sub 8-)

pretty nice silver. I had a couple rosies that were so bad looking that I didn't realize that they were silver until after I tumble my clad. a little silver on a regular basis is really nice too

Sweet!
Congrats! Nice piece.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

It don't take long to find HIM .....when one seeks. ;)

Nice!

It don't take long to find HIM .....when one seeks. ;)

Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back