ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As we do a countdown we can start with a nickle trio or whatever you call it. A 1904 V, a 1925 buffalo and a 1973 Jefferson. Then we have a 1942 Washington and two mercs. Counting down we then have a 18K gold ring with the date 4-25-31 inside. If the ring looks familiar it is because I have found three of these rings with flowers, 18K white gold in this spot now. One was yesterday. The other gold is a 1947 10K class ring.

Now for the possible citation. I am NOT going to explain the whole story here at all, YET. If the citation comes I will go to court and plead innocent. It is illegal to swim, wade, or dive in the Detroit river ANYWHERE in the city limits unless in a designated swim area. Because of ALL the judgemental people on here I am reserving my story till after court if there is one.

Lets just say that I will only get the citation because I question people that push their authority around. Maybe I deserve it, maybe I don't. However, I am not opening myself up to ridicule like I did on my thread about having the police called on me over 20 times. IF the judge feels I deserve it and get a 500.00 fine so be it. This time it was the Wayne County Sheriff patrol boat that pushed my buttons the wrong way. I don't like being threatened by ANYONE PERIOD.

I ask that everybody refrain from judgments or comments. I know what I did, what I could have done different and my reasons. I am honest with my posts and I wrote this because of frustration and only being able to make a dive and a half.

Back to my finds. I did get a very small sterling religious medal and another small gold plated pendant. Also two brass rings and a brass earring EXCEPT it has a GOLD post!! More gold!

All three rings with flowers. All 18K white gold:

Last edited:
Upvote 24
May I suggest a Go-Pro...
So as we can dive with you. :P

Actually... more for "documentation" of your "encounters" with all aspects of this spot.

This may actually serve you well at some point.

Just go ahead and do it........they can tell you No later.

May I suggest a Go-Pro...
So as we can dive with you. :P

Actually... more for "documentation" of your "encounters" with all aspects of this spot.

This may actually serve you well at some point.

I am getting a good laugh. I could just see me diving there with a GoPro. You would see me swinging a coil for a while then all you would see is gray water. Absolutely nothing! I couldn't even show you my find before I put it in a bag! Then you would see more gray water and a lot of it. Then the dive would be done. Sound exciting?

Love all your old HS rings from that beach. You've pulled out everything but kitchen sink so far

Love all your old HS rings from that beach. You've pulled out everything but kitchen sink so far

One of my favorite finds also. Thanks. The only problem is I enjoy returning class rings. I have returned 37 now. This place is strange concerning them. Even if I could return the ones from the 40's, NONE have initials on the inside. Makes it totally impossible. The ones from the 30's I don't even try to return. If they were 18 when they graduated, they would be in their late 90's if still alive. But the last few from the 40's have no initials and so I can't do a thing to get them home.

I have found some big metal down there I have stood on end in the muck. Some things I can't pick up. However, no cars, bodies or kitchen sinks yet!

Congratulations on a great hunt, sorry to hear about the not so great treatment from the law.
Keep posting and don't worry about what kind of ignorance people are going to share.
Good luck fighting the citation, , if you get one.

Obviously, from your finds, you'll need to take the flag down and dive at night forever more.

That's what a real pirate does. :skullflag:

Cowardly? I haven't even gotten into insulting like you.. Cowardly would be leaving one site because you couldn't stand the heat of a fire you created..

I had to come here to post my side, since I was mentioned in the first post. As the other wader that was confronted by the sheriff due to someone else's actions, that they knew where unlawful..

I'm not sure what is your referring to as bashing? I simple stated facts, without insults..

Scuba, go ahead and share what I texted you, if you want.. The reason I left even though I was not breaking any laws is because I don't have the time to go to court and fight anything.. lol

Wading is not bathing, swimming or diving.. There are plenty of reasons to wade that don't include that law, including fishing, setting decoys up for hunting, metal detecting, all of which do not include "swimming, bathing, or underwater diving" as is written...

Anyway continue on...

<°)))>{

That is a very funny line right there!! Read my posts. Or choose to ignore the facts.

Let me explain it one more time.

BEFORE I ever dove there this year I was given the green light by the STATE POLICE and the STATE CONSERVATION OFFICERS. They run the island.

Last month I was given the green light by a DETROIT POLICE HARBORMASTER SGT. He admitted it yesterday but told the sheriff boat that it was only for that day. HE LIED

NOW what EXACTLY WAS I DOING THAT WAS UNLAWFUL? Inquiring minds want to know. YOU POSTED THE LAW. You also posted that I upset fishermen and broke the law. Which is an outright baldfaced LIE. You come here to attack me. All your posts have been on my threads. Your first ones deleted.

Enjoy trying to make me look bad. Hope it works out for you!

Last edited:
Cowardly? I haven't even gotten into insulting like you.. Cowardly would be leaving one site because you couldn't stand the heat of a fire you created..

I had to come here to post my side, since I was mentioned in the first post. As the other wader that was confronted by the sheriff due to someone else's actions, that they knew where unlawful..

I'm not sure what is your referring to as bashing? I simple stated facts, without insults..

Scuba, go ahead and share what I texted you, if you want.. The reason I left even though I was not breaking any laws is because I don't have the time to go to court and fight anything.. lol

Wading is not bathing, swimming or diving.. There are plenty of reasons to wade that don't include that law, including fishing, setting decoys up for hunting, metal detecting, all of which do not include "swimming, bathing, or underwater diving" as is written...

Anyway continue on...

<°)))>{

I agree ! Certainly not Cowardly By my Standards.
& You have a right To Join & state your side .
I didn't see the Post that was supposedly Deleted If one as.
So I can't say on that.

By the way I personally Would have deleted the Accusation of it
being "Cowardly" If I had seen it before You responded.
But in My Eyes once you responded ,
instead of reporting it. I considered it ok By you

Last edited:
Im behind you Scuba you have given me lots of advice and others also sharing your finds is what we love to see on this site. I bet if I was detecting on land and this guy was in the water going past the swimming buyous he wouldnt stop detecting so I could detect on the land if someone said something to him Scuba is known and well respected on this site He takes detecting to a new level and he has the right to do that and he will fight for what he believes in. I think Ice walking away tells alot.... If scuba does fight this and wins then he helps you have the right to detect.Scuba you should try the place I pm to you A2 is very diverse and you wont be bothered well I never am!!!Please keep postin and let us know how it goes Im behind you. Stay safe!!!!!!!!!

I agree ! Certainly not Cowardly By my Standards.
& You have a right To Join & state your side .
I didn't see the Post that was supposedly Deleted If one as.
So I can't say on that.

By the way I personally Would have deleted the Accusation of it
being "Cowardly" If I had seen it before You responded.
But in My Eyes once you responded ,
instead of reporting it. I considered it ok By you

Jeff, No posts on this thread have been deleted. His posts that were deleted were the day he joined in July and attacked me for posting pictures of where I dive. A whole different thread. I knew he lurked here so I mentioned what happened and sure enough he came back to post. He wants to stir the pot, so be it. I will see what happens with the judge if it goes that far.

I am getting a good laugh. I could just see me diving there with a GoPro. You would see me swinging a coil for a while then all you would see is gray water. Absolutely nothing! I couldn't even show you my find before I put it in a bag! Then you would see more gray water and a lot of it. Then the dive would be done. Sound exciting?

Hey... dark gray is better quality than some pictures I have seen in the "what is it" forum at times...
So...
Film away.

Just play some Jaws music whilst its goin... dun nunt.... dun nunt.... dun nunt DUNUNT DUN NUT (?) DUN NAHHHHHHHHH !

................... Dun nunt

:P

Jeff, No posts on this thread have been deleted. His posts that were deleted were the day he joined in July and attacked me for posting pictures of where I dive. A whole different thread. I knew he lurked here so I mentioned what happened and sure enough he came back to post. He wants to stir the pot, so be it. I will see what happens with the judge if it goes that far.

Fair enough. as I said though I do not consider him joining here for whatever purpose as Cowardly.
that was a Bit Strong.

If he were already a Member & rejoined under an Alias, then I would say Cowardly.
But I checked his IP & that does not appear to be the case .

I knew he lurked here so I mentioned what happened and sure enough he came back to post.

That right there is admitting to trolling...

Also, another fact... I don't care if you have permission from the President, the FBI and CIA.. It still doesn't change the law that was written for everyone to follow.. It also doesn't not change the fact that your unlawful activities affected my day yesterday.. Cost me time, money, and a hunting spot that's been great till you started all this. I know I'm an outsider here, but my reasoning I would hope is practical enough for some to understand..

Yes my first posts on here were deleted and on a slight tilt towards insulting as I was angry you gave up a location that was shared with you from what used to be your friends.. You also said things like "I'm so glad I discovered this spot" lol

I never said I knew of any fisherman you made angry.. But with plenty there, and you always entering the water where they are fishing I suspected that's where the some of the potential complaints could have come from.. As a sportsman it's easy to put myself in their waders...

<°)))>{

Before you make false accusations..

This is the wording of the law that I could find...

Sec. 23-2-2. - Swimming and underwater diving; prohibitions.

(a)

A person shall not swim, bathe, or engage in underwater diving operations outside of buoyed and designated swim areas, except when authorized by the city police department harbormaster.

I was not swimming, bathing, or diving..

<°)))>{

That right there is admitting to trolling...

Also, another fact... I don't care if you have permission from the President, the FBI and CIA.. It still doesn't change the law that was written for everyone to follow.. It also doesn't not change the fact that your unlawful activities affected my day yesterday.. Cost me time, money, and a hunting spot that's been great till you started all this. I know I'm an outsider here, but my reasoning I would hope is practical enough for some to understand..

Yes my first posts on here were deleted and on a slight tilt towards insulting as I was angry you gave up a location that was shared with you from what used to be your friends.. You also said things like "I'm so glad I discovered this spot" lol

I never said I knew of any fisherman you made angry.. But with plenty there, and you always entering the water where they are fishing I suspected that's where the some of the potential complaints could have come from.. As a sportsman it's easy to put myself in their waders...

<°)))>{

YOU really do not get it do you. A HARBORMASTER SGT gave me the ok. READ YOUR OWN POSTED LAW!! EXCEPT WHEN AUTHORIZED BY THE CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT HARBORMASTER. I was GIVEN the ok by EVERYONE. Quit calling my actions unlawful. That SGT LIED yesterday to the sheriff and said he only gave me the ok for one day. NOT TRUE. My actions had nothing to do with you. PERIOD. YOU chose to leave.

First we will see if I get a citation. Next we will see who I need to subpoena to court. Next we need to see if Detroit can make an ordinance for an international waterway. Also we need to see WHY the harbormaster Sgt said I was ok in shallow water and LEFT without taking any information from me last month. Until I get found guilty by a judge, NOBODY has the right to say what I did was unlawful.

I give. No more from me. Everyone judge the way you wish.

Hey... dark gray is better quality than some pictures I have seen in the "what is it" forum at times...
So...
Film away.

Just play some Jaws music whilst its goin... dun nunt.... dun nunt.... dun nunt DUNUNT DUN NUT (?) DUN NAHHHHHHHHH !

WAY too funny. I used to buy a box of the Hostess crumb donuts and put them on the passenger seat of my cruiser while on patrol. Loved those critters! Ahh the fun times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back