cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though the owner does not call it a thrift store it is loaded with used junk she bought. a big building with two floors. She has one big room, with a separate entrance, she calls the free room. everything but the shelves are free. I have been four times and come home with something every time. I look for anything with a cord or electric motor, also brass and copper. All for recycling. On the 1st visit I got 20-30 things. Then everytime I go back things have been added. In the regular part of her store 99% of the things are now $1 each. I bought a few pewter mugs at that price. But would not pay that much for the brass items she had. I offered .40¢ a pound but she refused. Eventually all that was put in the free room and someone got it before I did. She also has a book room, bigger than our local small town library. All books are free so I pulled about 30-40 lbs of things that might resell. On my last trip I ran into the seller again and asked for some wires she had in a pile in the main area. I explained what I did and she gave me those and asked me to follow her to another corner. She pulled out about 20 feet of copper pipe and gave me that too.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went back again today. The building owner finally told her to get out. She has been dragging it out for a couple of months.
picked up old TVs a nice stereo receiver and a bunch of electronics with cords. I will be pulling all the copper.

My local trash company will accept all old TVs at no charge. And I found a place that has two dumpsters out front and encourages people to fill it with anything metal. No all I have to do is figure out where to put anything with a plastic of porcelain body. Even my local trash company will not accept these unless I drive to the dump and then they charge extra at $8 min for up to 100 lbs. I will not be making any $$ if I have to do that. I have been mixing a couple in with me regular trash. But that will take weeks to get rid of what I have now.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was the last day and I went again. As soon as I walked in the owner said she found a lot of AC Adapter power supplies. Three bins and a plastic bag. That will keep me busy pulling copper from those transformers. (probably 150 or more)

Also, I remember seeing a small room with music CDs. I asked if I could have all and she was thrilled. Filled the back of my SUV somewhere between 1000 and 2000. These are going up on ebay 100 for $25 or so. free shipping and of course USPS will get the majority of the $$. 25lbs media mail cost me just under $17

Attachments

• IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 73

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread