May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a Salvation Army store just before closing. It's a store that has produced a few gold necklaces for me. Well on the counter is a plastic bin full of jewelry. I can clearly see a 14 karat gold box link chain in the box along with some other good prospect ear rings. I asked to see the box and he says it's not for sale yet as it still has to be processed since it was just donated. UGH!!!! I'll have to check tomorrow.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry. It will all be picked over by then! HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back today and they said it actually goes to the warehouse first and then I can end up better one of the other eight stores in the area. Bummer

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is how they work. I used to volunteer here until I get kicked out. However all of their donations are supposed to be dropped off in the back. And they should never go into the front of the store ever. Until they go to the warehouse and get processed. I would go back tomorrow and check. If it's somebody else working they'll probably let you look through it. I just spent $10 last week and got a pair of cufflinks worth $2500! I don't think they search them very well. (I do hate auto correct)

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes this is how they work. I used to volunteer here until I get kicked out. However all of their donations are supposed to be dropped off in the back. And they should never go into the front of the store ever. Until they go to the warehouse and get processed. I would go back tomorrow and check. If it's somebody else working they'll probably let you look through it. I just spent $10 last week and got a pair of cufflinks worth $2500! I don't think they search them very well. (I do hate auto correct)

I MUST see those cufflinks. Hahah NICE

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That would make me insane. I hate when I know that they have jewelry in the back to pack into jars, but they don't have time to get to it. 8 stores in your area Jim??? Lucky you. We have two. One has awful stuff, and the second has had awful stuff lately. Good luck!!! I hope you find it for a super great price.

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes! I want to see them too.

Am I allowed to post a link? I've seen them ... Way cool. Wanted them for my son in law until I heard they were 18k. Love the guy to pieces, but I'm not giving him a gift like that! 😜

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been at several consignment stores where the girls who work there put stuff aside for themselves. I questioned one of them ... She just said, oh, that is for me. Nice, huh. Not.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at several consignment stores where the girls who work there put stuff aside for themselves. I questioned one of them ... She just said, oh, that is for me. Nice, huh. Not.

For what they are paid it is a perk of the job.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I allowed to post a link? I've seen them ... Way cool. Wanted them for my son in law until I heard they were 18k. Love the guy to pieces, but I'm not giving him a gift like that! [emoji12]

I have no objection

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446162719.859947.jpg

I need to regain some cash so I'm going to try to auction them at 900. If they go for that I have no idea I highly doubt it. There was another site that they sold for $1650.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit three of the Salvation Army stores but did not find it. All three did not have any jewelry.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There are more you can hit, right? If they don't put it in the store, where does it go?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are more you can hit, right? If they don't put it in the store, where does it go?

Not in the immediate area. I ended up getting two gold necklaces yesterday at yard sales and a bunch of gold filled and silver so I'm good.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446412998.435095.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread