jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Official request to move "thrift stores" section as a subforum under garage sales, similar to the ebay section.

The topics are too similar as it is. Thrift stores posts used to be lumped in with garage sales posts which made it easy to read them all in 1 place. I keep forgetting to check the thrift stores section.

Can it be moved to make it easier to keep track of all the posts since they are very similar in topic, please?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both sub forums are under Treasure Hunting forum, no different than Coin Roll Hunting and Coins as separate sub forums under same main forum of Treasure Hunting...

It is more organized as 2 separate forums and easier for new members to find the section they are most interested in as well as not have to wade through one to find the other..... Just how much trouble is it to move up one section of the forum to see thrift stores....?

Just my opinion, I will bring this thread to other mods attention......

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Both sub forums are under Treasure Hunting forum, no different than Coin Roll Hunting and Coins as separate sub forums under same main forum of Treasure Hunting...

It is more organized as 2 separate forums and easier for new members to find the section they are most interested in as well as not have to wade through one to find the other..... Just how much trouble is it to move up one section of the forum to see thrift stores....?

Using that logic, the ebay subforum should also be moved under "treasure hunting" as its own forum too, no?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using that logic, the ebay subforum should also be moved under "treasure hunting" as its own forum too, no?
No problem, we can do that..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a thrift store selection? I need to look. Marty do we have flea markets swap shops and pawn shops too? I also make a lot of attic finds and basement finds,

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to mention the dumpster diving forum. Maybe it should be on it's own too, I mean after all, what does it have to do with garage sales?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to mention the dumpster diving forum. Maybe it should be on it's own too, I mean after all, what does it have to do with garage sales?
We can make it a sub forum of Treasure Hunting just like garage sales and thrift stores...

Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2 cents.... One forum. Garage sale and thrift store finds together. There isn't that many new threads daily and it's pretty easy to go through them all.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a thrift store selection? I need to look. Marty do we have flea markets swap shops and pawn shops too? I also make a lot of attic finds and basement finds,

Don't forget antique malls... just sayin'.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cockothewalk.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I fell for the Thrift store section thing and posted in it. Waste of time because more folks would have seen my thread and answered a question sooner if I had simply posted under Garage Sales as I had in the past. I'll be sticking with Garage Sale posts from now on...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fell for the Thrift store section thing and posted in it. Waste of time because more folks would have seen my thread and answered a question sooner if I had simply posted under Garage Sales as I had in the past. I'll be sticking with Garage Sale posts from now on...
On the Goodwill Auction Buys thread you had 341 views, 1 reply and you asked no questions....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread