What's new

Thursday Drag......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found a 1917 plain. It fills a hole in my Walker collection book....wahooooo!! I need 20 more to complete the book but obviously I will have to buy the key dates but I am getting closer. Earlier this week or last week I found the 1917-S so I am pretty excited.

I also found two foreign coins today. One is from Bermuda but the other one....I have no idea where it is from. Any help with this one?

Today's total.........

40% - 57
64's - 20
Franklin's - 9
Walkers - 2

88 Total Silver Keepers = 19.64269 oz
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    42 KB · Views: 351
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 368
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0
I could be wrong but the one with the palm tree is from Kuwait
 
Uhhh I am sick.... Man I need to go on a road trip but the Wifey is fighting me every freakin step of the way lately. My boxes are getting me depressed and I am getting cold chills.

Golden Silver
 
Howdy Ms. LJ,

Nice haul as usual. See...you don't need to know the name of my banks or town. All my finds are JFKs.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I think you could write a book on the proper way to CRH. Nice job!
 
Howdy Ms. LJ,

I'm 95% certain that it's a Saudi Arabian 100 Halala piece, but I'll need to look some.

Kindest Regards,
Kantuck
 
Rich Hartford said:
I could be wrong but the one with the palm tree is from Kuwait

Actually LJ, it a 100 Halala coin from Saudi Arabia. That style was minted in both years 1987 & 1993.

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coine.php?image=img15/154-65&desc=Saudi%20Arabia%20km65%20100%20Halala%20(1987,1993)%20AH1408&query=Saudi%20km%2065


Kuwait was a good guess though Rich. Here's what the Kuwaiti coins look like:

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/Kuwait.php

Oh, and LJ, nicely done on the "poor man's gold". 8)
 
the 1st pic had me worried...I thought you forgot how stack.
 
An Islamic nation by the crossed swords I discern; so jealous am I of your LJ !
 
Thanks all....I have been very lucky the last couple of weeks. It can't last...we all know that. Besides, I have to get what I can before I start school again pretty soon.

Thurm, Mr. K and RH....thanks for the help with the Saudi......you guys are pretty darn good with foreign coins. It didn't take you long to nail it either. How do you even know where to start on these foreign coins??

joad said:
I think you could write a book on the proper way to CRH. Nice job!

Thanks for the kinds words but a book isn't necessary....one sheet....it can be put on a post-it note....LUCKY.......lol.

golden silver said:
Uhhh I am sick.... Man I need to go on a road trip but the Wifey is fighting me every freakin step of the way lately. My boxes are getting me depressed and I am getting cold chills.

Golden Silver

I am so sorry GS.........need me to talk to the wife?

Kantuckkeean said:
Howdy Ms. LJ,

Nice haul as usual. See...you don't need to know the name of my banks or town. All my finds are JFKs.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I still want to know the bank and town name...... :wink: C'mon.....give it up!!! I like JFK's.

Piercesdad said:
the 1st pic had me worried...I thought you forgot how stack.

Lol....I just dumped those on my kitchen table and snapped a picture before counting, stacking and then moving them to the dining room table.

Again....thanks all....it's been fun lately. I am expecting a big day from FiddyCent tomorrow. I'll let you know how he does. He is on a roll. He is a machine I tell ya.
 
LJ said:
joad said:
I think you could write a book on the proper way to CRH. Nice job!

Thanks for the kinds words but a book isn't necessary....one sheet....it can be put on a post-it note....LUCKY.......lol.

........ Buy......Search........ Dump..........

Mojo
 
Love looking at your posts as usual - always give me that bit of assurance that there is silver out there, it's just not usually in my boxes :thumbsup:

On a side note, I'm surprised your coffee table isn't scratched up more from the coinage!
 
LJ said:
Thurm, Mr. K and RH....thanks for the help with the Saudi......you guys are pretty darn good with foreign coins. It didn't take you long to nail it either. How do you even know where to start on these foreign coins??

Any time LJ

I've looked further, if you're even that interested, as while Mr. K and I were correct it is a 100 halada coin from Saudi Arabia, we seem to have different answers for the date. The characters for the date look like " A E ** " . which don't match either my or Mr. K's initial guess.

However, here's a link to a 50 halala version of that coin, the dates do match, so it would seem that your 100 halala coin was also minted in either 1976 or 1979.

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coine.php?image=img1/154-56&desc=Saudi%20Arabia%20km56%2050%20Halala%20(AH1397,1400)%201976,79&query=Saudi%20km%2056

I've posted this before, and it helps if you have some idea of the country of origin (otherwise trial and error will work) but here is the link I use to identify foreign coins:

http://worldcoingallery.com/


Good hunting all.
 
Good finds! I'm glad I can live vicariously through your finds since my luck has been poor with halves. I'll keep plugging away though. Could show a picture of your album or post a list of the dates you have found. Als, how is your Franklin Album looking?
 
LJ, Any chance we could see a group photo of your total finds?

Or do they take up multiple rooms? ;)
 
Hi Everybody,

Mr. Ownator, we were both right about the 100 halala piece. What you say looks like " A E * * " is actually the Arabic numerals "wahid, arba'a, ashara, ashara" or "1400". Check the link I posted. The coin is identical. It's a great find. You don't see one of those everyday, and it should be added to Mr. Man's tracking list for 2009.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom