Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tiffany bosun whistle?

richm said:
Got this at a garage sale today for a buck. I've figured out it's a bosun's whistle but i can't sem to find one made by Tiffany. I'd like to know how old it is and maybe a value...Rich.
A tiffany bosun's whistle????????????

Never heard of such a thing :-\
No bosunsmate I ever knew would have one made by tiffany.

Maybe one of the Village People might. :wink:
villagepeople.jpg

Nightowl 280

Oct 16, 2010
land o lakes fl
Tiffany and co made lot of stuff and pre 1900 ship command staff where wealthy in most cases .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_&_Co.

"In 1862 Tiffany & Co. supplied the Union Army with swords (Model 1840 Cavalry Saber), flags and surgical implements."

i also would never sell tiffany and co silver for melt value since the name alone with worth more then melt on most items .

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nightowl 280 said:
i also would never sell tiffany and co silver for melt value since the name alone with worth more then melt on most items .
Yea and at yard sales anybody that has anything marked tiffany thinks they can get Macy's prices. A lot of that is just mass produced just like other silver items. A lot of their jewelry, to me, is no more valuable than any other piece of 925. Tiffany got their quality reputation from their early 1900's products.

Nightowl 280

Oct 16, 2010
land o lakes fl
cyberdan said:
Nightowl 280 said:
Yea and at yard sales anybody that has anything marked tiffany thinks they can get Macy's prices. A lot of that is just mass produced just like other silver items. A lot of their jewelry, to me, is no more valuable than any other piece of 925. Tiffany got their quality reputation from their early 1900's products.

Ya i wouldnt pay those prices but i know that i can better then melt on tiffany and co pieces . Dont see much here in tampa land so its not a real issue for me not to mention that my mom would claim it and i would lose it to the closet and jewerly box gods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread