bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,

I am currently having trouble with one of the major manufacturers. I bought a new multi frequency detector that was an out-of-the-box failure. I bought from a sponser on here. Less than 2 hours of use. The OEM quickly replaced it with a new one. The new one also failed within a few hours of use.

When I say failed, I don't mean small bugs, I mean like complete software failure, total loss of most functions, unusable within a few hours of normal use..no mods or after market equipment on it.

I notified the OEM of the second failure, and they said that after I sent it back, they would evaluate if I would get another new machine, or have it reapired and returned to me. I told them thatI was entitled to a new machine that would not have bugs, defects or fail for at least 1 day, which their machine has failed to deliver on 2 times now. I am waiting for their reply.....

I believe this OEM is judging whether I should receive a new machine completely on the time I have used it, which is a matter of hours, but to them, that short ammount of time may not warrant a new machine being sent to me.

So my questions is this, Does anyone know if metal detectors have internal clock that manufacturers can tell how many hours have been logged on the machine? It would seem they do, and I believe these are used to determine repair or replace decisions.

Also, I asked for a new machine because I no longer have any confidence in what I'm using, and I know it will break down again. Just a matter of time.....

So, I pressed the OEM for a new machine to trade in, not one with minimal hours that has already been through repair. And I got to thinking....do dealers who take in used machines check serial numbers with the OEM to see if a machine has any service records? If so, I could be screwed on a trade in.

Thoughts anyone? I'm very, very frustrated.

BL

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I know there is a way to check the hours of use on a computer so maybe they can do it with a detector! But seems highly unlikely! Failure on a second one? I would say it's up to them to refund your money or send out a new machine thats been tested. I think they should step up to the plate! I held off buying a small Cam that's very popular cause of glitches in the release. I would never buy that brand once it becomes known it's a pile!
The Dealer should be bending over backwards to make sure things get set right! All this of course IMHO!
Best of Luck!
RG

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey , thanks RG! I feel the same way. Thanks for taking the time to post your opinion. I was really looking for some input on this issue. Would like to see a few more opinions from others. Maybe these issues have not ever arisen for others in the ownership of their machines?

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great news! Company is replacing my machine with a new one. No info from them on an internal time clock, though. But the machine was very messed up. Know and use your rights as a consumer. BL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread