Time for a little silver

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for a hunt with new (to me) detector today and was digging junk left and right. After a few hours I dug big looking coin, took a quick look at it and said Mexico so just threw in the pouch. A couple minutes later I dug a watch but it was ruin. I was tired on digging in the rocks so I just went home. When I got home I took a closer look at the coin and turns out it's a 1940 .720 silver coin. The watch is an Enicar sherpa 600. Not great finds. It good enough for me. HH

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    933.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG
    979.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 9

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anything silver is tops in my book. Great Find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
silver is always a good find, congrats

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That turned out pretty darn nice. Grats to ya and thanks for sharing.

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those finds. Silver is a plus but just to find things is OK with me.

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
t_o.gif
s.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE FINDS Racso :..
Those Sherpa 600 watches aren't cheap!

Unfortunately the one I found is toast. The glass broke and water got in and ruined it quite bad, even the needles are floating inside :(

lurk

Oct 28, 2015
Midwest
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD SE, Pro Pointer AT, Nel Sharpshooter coil, formerly ATPro & ATGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enicar Sherpas were pretty cool watches. I believe they were all GMT models. I think theyre still selling for around $1000 working. I bet the guy who lost it was pretty bummed. I have a few Enicars no Sherpas though. Racine was the watch makers last name but it was already a trademarked name when he founded his watchmaking business so he spelled it backwards and it became Enicar. Before digital watches came out they were quality Swiss alternatives to higher end luxury watches, the advent of quartz movements and digital watches killed the company as they made strictly automatics and manual winds. Congrats on your finds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enicar Sherpas were pretty cool watches. I believe they were all GMT models. I think theyre still selling for around $1000 working. I bet the guy who lost it was pretty bummed. I have a few Enicars no Sherpas though. Racine was the watch makers last name but it was already a trademarked name when he founded his watchmaking business so he spelled it backwards and it became Enicar. Before digital watches came out they were quality Swiss alternatives to higher end luxury watches, the advent of quartz movements and digital watches killed the company as they made strictly automatics and manual winds. Congrats on your finds.

Thanks a lot for the great information. People like you make this forum top notch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread