TIME FOR ALL OF US TO STEP UP AND HELP A FRIEND WHO DESERVES THE HELP!

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
ONE OF T-NETS BEST CONTRIBUTORS IS NOW IN A FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE
AND NEEDS OUR HELP...

MAD FOR WRECKS GOT HIT WITH A BIG HAMMER AFTER HAVING HIS COLONELCY LAST
WEEK....

Being in the treasure business does not normally come with a great insurance plan
and Tom needs some help financially from all of us to help him fight his battle.

I have pledged the proceeds of a coin sale I am attempting to auction on ebay
to help Tom out. It is over in less than 23 hours so take a look and BID...

You will get a nice coin and Tom will get some help that he needs from you.
Rare Transitional 1652 Potosi 8 Reale' | eBay

Here is the other...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221127998111?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

REMEMBER IF YOU HELP TO BID THIS UP ALL OF THE MONEY GOES TO TOM AND YOU ALL HAVE HELPED
A GOOD MAN...

Last edited:

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dom... What happened to Tom G.? I do not understand what you are saying happened... What is colonelcy? Can you please clarify? Thanks...

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have colon cancer and a huge battle ahead of me, including mounting medical bills. Some friends in the treasure community including Dom & Yvonne, Pat Clyne and Randy Barnhouse are helping me build a "war chest". They will be posting an address soon for anyone that would like to contribute. Dom is doing a coin auction. Other events to follow. Prayers welcomed! Tom

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Dom... What happened to Tom G.? I do not understand what you are saying happened... What is colonelcy? Can you please clarify? Thanks...

O.K. I can't spell for crap... colonoscopy His did not come back the way we wanted it to... Now its time for his real friends and those who have benefited from his passions and posts..... yeah you too, Alexander..... and rise to the occasion to provide him with some help. I had already put two coins on ebay when I found out about his situation. If you guys pushed this auction, all the money would go to Tom and you still will end up with some nice coins. I am not trying to gain anything for my self but I am trying to put some of this treasure to good work. There is only 18 hours left so think about bidding for Tom.

He gets some money for treatment he needs and the winner gets a coin or two... no losers

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm barely living from pay check to pay check, But I do believe in Prayer. So I will do the best that ''I'' can do.
In Prayer, Dennis.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom... Man I am so sorry to hear this! Prayers will go up immediately. I am not making much in the way of income right now but I will see what I can pull together to help out. My wife and I both have some medical issues and our bills have really piled up as well... I understand the urgency and will do what I can. God Bless!!

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I don't even have income or insurance to help with my own medical needs right now, but I will give prayer and will be glad to tweet about any of the auctions on Twitter. I have a lot of followers.

@itmaiden

I have colon cancer and a huge battle ahead of me, including mounting medical bills. Some friends in the treasure community including Dom & Yvonne, Pat Clyne and Randy Barnhouse are helping me build a "war chest". They will be posting an address soon for anyone that would like to contribute. Dom is doing a coin auction. Other events to follow. Prayers welcomed! Tom

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
I also want to suggest some other options in addition to donations and ebay. You could have a silent auction set up maybe here on T-net.

One of my best kept secrets are "Twitter Parties". Twitter Parties are usually sponsored by companies or organizations or individual bloggers who put up prizes for attending and participating in the party. The parties are used not only to get the word out on products and services, but also to tell people about charitable causes. The parties often "Trend" on twitter, which then reach a larger audience besides the twitter followers of all that attend. The male to female ratio at any party depends on the subject matter and prizes. Males tend to gravitate towards travel and tech prizes, and women to just about everything else. You can learn a little more by going to Host a Twitter Party with TweeParties: a Twitter Party Hosting and Social Media Marketing Agency

Also some states have special funds for cancer patients through various organizations. It is worth making some phone calls to cancer organizations to ask about funds for patients. It will take some phone calls, as you will get people on the other end who either "don't know" or maybe their organization doesn't. Also "Foundation" money could be an option. It is the time of year when companies and individuals are seeking tax write-offs, so donations will be flowing into organizations from now through January.

It is tremendous for you to do this.

@itmaiden

ONE OF T-NETS BEST CONTRIBUTORS IS NOW IN A FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE
AND NEEDS OUR HELP...

MAD FOR WRECKS GOT HIT WITH A BIG HAMMER AFTER HAVING HIS COLONELCY LAST
WEEK....

Being in the treasure business does not normally come with a great insurance plan
and Tom needs some help financially from all of us to help him fight his battle.

I have pledged the proceeds of a coin sale I am attempting to auction on ebay
to help Tom out. It is over in less than 23 hours so take a look and BID...

You will get a nice coin and Tom will get some help that he needs from you.
Rare Transitional 1652 Potosi 8 Reale' | eBay

Here is the other...
shipwreck collectible treasure coin Dated 1659 Star of Lima VERY RARE! | eBay

REMEMBER IF YOU HELP TO BID THIS UP ALL OF THE MONEY GOES TO TOM AND YOU ALL HAVE HELPED
A GOOD MAN...

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
What state does he live in ? If Florida, what county ? Medicaid has a program they don't advertise. It is for serious medical issues. You really have to have a social worker go to bat for you...maybe a hospital social worker. Polk County has a free medical program that is very good. They don't pay for chemo, but they do pay for surgery. Depends on their waiting list. Also the "Lakeland Ledger" has the "Newspaper with a Heart" program to help with special cases, and if I remember right the Orlando paper does too. Will take some phone calls. Always best to have someone else do the talking.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom. Not sure if we met in past before but may have at some symposium or event. My mother has had that and recovered from it. She is no longer with us, because of other non-related causes. Anyhow, prayer has been sent for your quick recovery.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seminole county has a program they don't advertise for any kind of medical emergency or medical accident.If you go to a orange county hospital seminole county pays for it all.

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am currently a broke college student, but I just want to say thank you for your amazing posts here. I have always appreciated the contributions you have made to this community, and I will be praying for you every day!

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, this is easy... somebody try to outbid me. Money talks, bull#### walks. Mas Carumba!

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
OK, this is easy... somebody try to outbid me. Money talks, bull#### walks. Mas Carumba!

FINALLY.... THANK YOU FOR GETTING THE BALL ROLLING SIGNUMUPS! THERE IS ONLY 7 HOURS LEFT TO THE AUCTION...
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE SOLD A FEW COINS.... THE ONES I HAVE GIVEN AWAY ARE THE ONES I REMEMBER.... TOM WILL KNOW
IT WAS YOU THAT WAS KIND ENOUGH TO HELP GET THE BALL ROLLING BUT.... AND NO OFFENSE.....

I HOPE YOU LOSE AND SOMEONE OUT BIDS YOU!

THAT WAY, THERE WILL BE MORE MONEY FOR TOM!

LIKE I SAID THOUGH, IN THIS DEAL THERE WILL BE NO LOSERS
ANYONE WHO GENUINELY BIDS... I WILL SEND A COIN...
IT MAY NOT BE PRETTY (LIKE ME) BUT IT WILL BE
REAL...

P.S. KEEP COMING WITH THE GOOD IDEAS ABOUT GOVERNMENT
PROGRAMS TO EDUCATE TOM ABOUT.... AND YES THIS IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE

IT IS A CALL TO ACTION!

Last edited:
OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
I also want to suggest some other options in addition to donations and ebay. You could have a silent auction set up maybe here on T-net.

HEY ALEXANDER, HERE IS A GENUINE CHANCE FOR YOU TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING TO THE FUTURE OF UNDERSEA EXPLORATION!

One of my best kept secrets are "Twitter Parties". Twitter Parties are usually sponsored by companies or organizations or individual bloggers who put up prizes for attending and participating in the party. The parties are used not only to get the word out on products and services, but also to tell people about charitable causes. The parties often "Trend" on twitter, which then reach a larger audience besides the twitter followers of all that attend. The male to female ratio at any party depends on the subject matter and prizes. Males tend to gravitate towards travel and tech prizes, and women to just about everything else. You can learn a little more by going to Host a Twitter Party with TweeParties: a Twitter Party Hosting and Social Media Marketing Agency

Also some states have special funds for cancer patients through various organizations. It is worth making some phone calls to cancer organizations to ask about funds for patients. It will take some phone calls, as you will get people on the other end who either "don't know" or maybe their organization doesn't. Also "Foundation" money could be an option. It is the time of year when companies and individuals are seeking tax write-offs, so donations will be flowing into organizations from now through January.

It is tremendous for you to do this.

@itmaiden

HEY ALEXANDER, HERE IS A GENUINE CHANCE FOR YOU TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING TO THE FUTURE OF UNDERSEA EXPLORATION!

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i am just a florida stranger to everyone here but would like to send a donation. to who and where to..pm me info. please. praying for you brother!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be praying for a good outcome, Tom, and throw in some bucks when you get an address or a Paypal acct posted.
You just do what you have to do get through this. The rest of the stuff will sort itself out.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,Our thoughts and prayers are with you.Mike & Barbara........We'll do something to help..

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I appreciate all the prayers and some checks have started arriving in the mail. Monica is going to set up a Bank of America account this weekend just for these monies.

I went to my PCP today for what is called "medical clearance," clearance to undergo the anesthesia and colon cancer surgery, They did some blood work and did an EKG. EKG says I have an enlarged left ventricle so now I have to have an echocardiogram next week and then a PET scan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread