TIME FOR ALL OF US TO STEP UP AND HELP A FRIEND WHO DESERVES THE HELP!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom, an enlarged atrium is fairly common, even for us young guys. Usually it is from a mitral valve not seating fully and causing regurge or a slight backup of blood. If listened well with a stethoscope, you can hear a slight whisper when that part pumps. You could live a normal life with this and never have a problem. It also can come from hypertension-high blood pressure, as the left atrium pumps the oxygenated blood into the left ventrical to go into the body, if the pressure is high it can cause a back up making the atrium enlarge. It can come from CHF, Congestive heart failure, I am sure you dont have that, that is usually for older smokers. If the left ventrical is enlarged, with the left atrium it usually means CHF. There are obvious signs of CHF besides that. I think they just want to make sure there is no underlying problem, and it is most likely the mitral valve problem. Nothing to get worked up over.

Last edited:

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,
Keep the spirit high, you can and will make it through this. Prayers and positive thoughts are with you.

I like the fundraiser idea also, the 10th would work for me.

Trez

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm waiting for the folks at the Pennwood Motor Lodge to get back with me for the November 3rd date. If we can't do it there, I guess we'll do it my house in Orlando.
As soon as I can get confirmation, I'll let everybody Know.
John

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
O.K. my friends, It appears the 10th is out. Someone else has reserved the grounds at Pennwood for that date. However, Saturday November 3rd is available, so I set that as the date. I hope those of you that said the 10th was good can still make it on the 3rd.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Tom, just wanted you to know my thoughts and prayers are out there for your full recovery! It was great to meet you at the last treasure hunters picnic. Many thanks for all your input here on T-NET, have learned a lot from your contributions. If you need help with anything, I live in West Palm Beach just down the road. Don't hesitate to call on me.

Pete

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
O.K. my friends, It appears the 10th is out. Someone else has reserved the grounds at Pennwood for that date. However, Saturday November 3rd is available, so I set that as the date. I hope those of you that said the 10th was good can still make it on the 3rd.

It may be a good idea to have this type of thing closer to where Tom lives... maybe here in Palm Beach County

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I honestly don't know where I will be on that date. Surgery/radiation has not been scheduled yet but I expect it to happen this month. Not sure how long it will take before I am on my feet again after that. But the Pennwood is fine. Monica will wheel me in if she has to! I have too much fun with all you guys. Besides, I can't miss all that good food. I have become the incredible shrinking man. Down from 250 lbs 9 months ago to 211 lbs now. Also, I should have a few cool items to put up for auction as well. Tom

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
It may be a good idea to have this type of thing closer to where Tom lives... maybe here in Palm Beach County

Dom,
You mentioned doing something on your brothers boat? Nobody ever said we couldn't do more than one benefit. It's too late for me to change up now. There are reservations and commitments that have already been made. The logistics for me to do this in Sebastion out of Orlando is distance enough.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Down from 250 lbs 9 months ago to 211 lbs now. Also, I should have a few cool items to put up for auction as well. Tom

Hey Tom,
Don't worry about those pounds you lost. IFOUND THEM! Got 'em stored up for the winter. I'll give 'em back in the Spring.
John

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom, any news from yesterday? Did you get any updates or do you have to wait for the results?

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to mad4wrecks an his family. God bless him and his family.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mark,
Check out the Cookout thread. Darren in NC. posted a way to make a donation. Setting up different accounts online is too confusing at this stage.
Aquanut

divermark

Nov 28, 2009
Island of Anglesey Wales UK
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know, but thats no good for me, I'm in the UK, my checking accounts in pounds etc etc, all boring stuff.

I'll wait and see if another method emerges, I'd seriously take a look at putting a locked Just giving link at the top of the thread, then anybody from any country can make an instant secure donation to Tom's cause.

Mark

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mark, it sounds like you really want to give, so send it via Paypal to me as I'm bringing any distance-given donations to the cookout. I'll print off all giving and will also login live and let others see what has been given. Just use my Paypal address - it's darrentalley at juno dot com. Choose "Services" (not Goods) and enter "Tom's Cookout" in the note section. Don't add anything else. That will be enough. Thanks for your generosity. Tom will appreciate it greatly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread