TIME FOR ALL OF US TO STEP UP AND HELP A FRIEND WHO DESERVES THE HELP!

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Tom,

I know for a fact this is a scary time but as positive as you are it will all go fine. I have been there and the treasurenet family was with me every step of the way. It meant so much when I felt so alone in Peru. I am still recovering from the financial burden but I never questioned the ability of prayers and my friends here. They were so supportive. Look forward to better times. This too will pass.
Stay strong. Be glad you have Monica at your side.

Diverlynn

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if everybody on this board realizes what Dominic offered on that Ebay sale? I don't think so. Otherwise, I should a got beat up really bad in the last seven hours, and I wasn't. Lima Stars in any denomination are incredibly rare. And by the way, I am incredibly proud to own one under the circumstances.

Last edited:
OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
I wonder if everybody on this board realizes what Dominic offered on that Ebay sale? I don't think so. Otherwise, I should a got beat up really bad in the last seven hours, and I wasn't. Lima Stars in any denomination are incredibly rare. And by the way, I am incredibly proud to own one under the circumstances.

Thanks... Hopefully the silent majority will find their own way to help a deserving guy in his time of need

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Yes, they are. Especially with LIMA spelled out. If Dom had posted that auction for a longer duration, I would have let the crew at ColonialCobs know. With the short duration, a lot of eyes missed it. Now if Dom wants to dig into his chest and find others (transitionals or Lima Stars), I'll be sure to get the word out. Heck, perhaps Dr. Menzel would jump into the bidding.

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Yes, they are. Especially with LIMA spelled out. If Dom had posted that auction for a longer duration, I would have let the crew at ColonialCobs know. With the short duration, a lot of eyes missed it. Now if Dom wants to dig into his chest and find others (transitionals or Lima Stars), I'll be sure to get the word out. Heck, perhaps Dr. Menzel would jump into the bidding.

Lets see what some other folks can come up with. I will be willing to reach in the bag again, down the road and bring out some more magic beans
Frankly I was disappointed to not see some of the wholesalers and resellers bid a little more, knowing they could resell either of these pieces and help Tom out while making money themselves...

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Benefit Cookout

Tom, You've always been a great presence at the Treasure Hunter's Cookouts. I want to do what I can to help. Although this isn't exactly a celebration, a benefit for one of our best might generate some money to keep you treasure hunting with us. With some help from our friends, what say you all to having a cookout and invite all our friends in the Treasure Hunting community to a Cure Mad4Wrecks Cancer cookout! I know most of us TH'rs aren't rich, but we all know someone who is. Get 'em to come! I'll put it together with what little I have and we'll party next month! Nothing we're doing could possibly be more important. Suggestions are welcome!
Aquanut

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I really like the cookout fundraiser idea! And for those not in Florida, just invite your friends to a cookout wherever you are and tell'em about your buddy Tom on T-Net! :icon_thumleft:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you all for the wonderful responses and ideas and prayers. What a great group of gentlemen.And Dom, I am blown away by your generosity.

While getting clearance for the cancer surgery, my PCP found some heart issue (enlarged left ventricle) during the EKG and now want me to do an echocardiogram. So I have that test on Monday and a PET scan on Tuesday. Blood work came back fine however.

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Thank you all for the wonderful responses and ideas and prayers. What a great group of gentlemen.And Dom, I am blown away by your generosity.

While getting clearance for the cancer surgery, my PCP found some heart issue (enlarged left ventricle) during the EKG and now want me to do an echocardiogram. So I have that test on Monday and a PET scan on Tuesday. Blood work came back fine however.

Little late coming but we are not done yet. Get yourself better so we can find the rest of the Jupiter Shipwreck and a few others for that matter....

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Maybe,
Just maybe we can hold a "special cookout on my brother-in-laws latest treasure hunting / research vessel, the MRV "The New World Explorer". We should have her here in Jupiter sometime next month and Tom is a definite member of the crew. Here is a photo of her. Maybe we can get Tom's government friend, Florida's Secretary of State to come as well - so he can both root Tom on and see that the treasure hunting community actually can unite and rise to an occasion!
Here are a couple of photos of the boat.... We can fit a few on board.... IMG_20120612_140527.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Tom,

Many divers have enlarged hearts as a results of breathing compressed air. Non diving Medical Technicians and doctors
don't always pick up on this as they have not experienced sucking breathing air out of a hose...

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA

Tom,

Many divers have enlarged hearts as a results of breathing compressed air. Non diving Medical Technicians and doctors
don't always pick up on this as they have not experienced sucking breathing air out of a hose...

E

elle

John, I'm already sending you a package in the mail to raffle at the cookout.
Tom, prayers are being said.

Laura

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my inbox here is full.

[email protected]

11665 Ficus ST.
Unit D
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33410

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a member contact me wanting to donate to Tom, he sent money to my PayPal. I will bring it to the cookout...

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
How about we hold the benefit on November 3rd? Any problems with this?
Aquanut

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works for me and we want have to worry about sweating either....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread