What's new

Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Had a great Sunday today. My son wanted to go mountain bike riding at his old middle school, and I knew there were plenty of areas to detect there. On the way, we stopped by this old farm house that I've always wanted to detect at. The old lady had an "antiques for sale" sign out front by an ancient tractor. We stopped to see what she had, and I thought it would be the perfect time to ask permission to MD on her land. After knocking on both the front and back doors of her house, and waiting about 5 minutes, she finally came out. In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight! :( She scarred my son and I for life. I know I will not sleep well tonight. My son whispered something to me about "looks like to eggs in a pan" , and I about died. ;D Anyways, everything she had she wanted an arm and a leg for. I bought two old hubcap's from her , a Mustang & a MERC. I asked about MDing, but she wasn't too hip on the idea. She let me dig one hole by one of the old houses, and hovered over me like a hawk. I didn't want to look up, because I didn't want to see that saggy site in my face. To hole turned up a friggin' plow piece. She then told me I "smelled good". At that point I knew it was time to go. I told my son to get in the car and save himself. ;D
Well, I can mark that spot off my list.
We then proceded to the middle school. I haven't hit a playground in some time now, but have been seeing a lot of you coming up with some great finds there.
My son took of bike riding, and I took out my trusty Tesoro. There are acres upon acres of areas to search at this school, and I think it is untouched.
In a matter of minutes, I was finding clad. I hit the bark areas by the play sets (love the bottom of those slides), a small sandy soccer area, and last but not least, a sandy old volleyball area. While in the volleyball area, I found a 10KP GOLD & 7-Diamond ring!!! Big & gaudy sucker too (size 9). I couldn't believe my eyes.
I'm hoping this is the real McCoy, but I have no idea?
What does 10 KP C1 mean? Is it real gold?
I placed it in my pocket, and moved on. Within 5 minutes, the very next row in the sand, I found another ring!!! This one is a 14K WHITE GOLD wedding band (size 7 1/2).
By this time my son was back from riding, and we did a few high 5's. Also, his "Very nice" impression of Borat. ;D I told him he was my good luck.
This is my 3rd gold ring so far, two with diamonds.
Other finds were:
*A bunch of clad, including 4 quarters in one small hole.
*Some toy jewelry including a Jesus pendant.
*A Chinese (?) coin. Anyone know what this is? Probably an egg roll token? ;)

Anyways, it was a great Sunday. Or should I say SONday?
Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm still excited about the rings.

Ridley- Get your butt out there with the DFX, and work your magic.

Romeo- As you can see, the Tesoro I bought from you is working great. Thanks again.

Have a great week everyone,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,639
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,578
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,594
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,588
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • MVC-011S.webp
    MVC-011S.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,589
  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,609
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,608
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,603
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,614
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    23 KB · Views: 1,612
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,608
Upvote 0
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Sounds like this post should have been titled "Golden Oldies" ;D Great finds (the gold i mean) i'm jealous!
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

WHAT??!!! no pictures of the old lady? LOL! just kidding. Anyway, sounds like a very production, interesting day...the stuff memories are made of.
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Man I love reading your posts! All the great stuff has been said about your finds, the old lady, and bikinis - So I'll just tell you about your coin.

Teddyb got the Dynasty down - Ch'ing (1644 - 1911 a.d.)

Your coin, while from that dynasty was actually 1736 - 1795 a.d. FelinePeachy posted the same coin today so I already had the homework done. Great freaking finds Doug... and by the way... you smell good. :-*
 

Attachments

  • felinepeachy\'s coin.webp
    felinepeachy\'s coin.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,350
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Thanks Montana Jim, I knew I was close and went back to look for a more exact match but you beat me back here to update the info cause my eyes went crossed looking at those characters on all those coins too long ;D
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

TeddyB1967 said:
... cause my eyes went crossed looking at those characters on all those coins too long ;D

LMAO... That happens to me too... I only posted tonight because I had already made the picture!
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

TeddyB1967 said:
Yes Boobydoo is correct, the KP means Karat Plum (the exact amount of gold = .417)
IT'S REAL ;D Not sure about the C1 marking tho.

C1 if im right and i found the right thing means the weight of the diamond.

"C1.Carat: Refers to the weight of a diamond."

Carat is often confused with size even though it is actually a measure of weight. One carat is equivalent to 200 milligrams. One carat can also be divided into 100 "points." A .75 carat diamond is the same as a 75-points or 3/4 carat diamond. A 1.00 carat diamond costs exactly twice the price of a half-carat diamond, right? Wrong. Larger diamonds are found less frequently in nature, which places them at the rarest level. A 1.00 carat diamond will cost more than twice as much as a 1/2-carat diamond (assuming color, clarity and cut remain constant).

But then i found another C1 tht said customized to the buyers specification
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

;D LOL ;D

Love love love it. . ALL! What a priceless day. . the older lady LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! ;D I think it is so neat the items you all find when hunting but the people you all met. . unmatchable!! LOL

Congrats on the great finds! Wonderful!! ;D

Bogart :D
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Wow!!! Thanks everyone for you info and comments. They mean a lot. You guys are a wealth of knowledge.
The gold & diamond ring is big and a bit gaudy, so I wasn't expecting it to be the real deal. I'm glad it is real gold. I'll get the diamonds checked out next. I hope the "C1" is in reference to the diamonds.
The Chinese coin and it's age really blew me away. I thought it may just be a common newer coin. Boy, was I wrong. :D
Actually, I think the coin and the old lady are about the same age. ::)
I slept o.k. last night after that horror show, but I know I don't want any eggs this morning. ;D
Have a great week,
MM
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner said:
Had a great Sunday today...In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight!...I didn't want to look up, because I didn't want to see that saggy site in my face.

Dude! Where is your sense of adventure? A little indulgence might have opened a few doors for you. Hehehehehe. Next time ;), leave the boy at home. LOL

Dang...you all take me too seriously.

HH

Burt
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

not the prettiest ring, but who cares?! nice work...
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

wildrider said:
ModernMiner said:
Had a great Sunday today...In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight!...I didn't want to look up, because I didn't want to see that saggy site in my face.

Dude! Where is your sense of adventure? A little indulgence might have opened a few doors for you. Hehehehehe. Next time ;), leave the boy at home. LOL


Absolutely! A "kind" and "generous" act on your part may have garnered all kinds of treasures. ;) :D

Mike
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

What a great day and great finds. xcept for that disturbing description of granny.... I guess we lads have to consider that it's got to be the same for a woman when she see's an old fella iun a Speedo.

I learned something new as well. I would have taken "kp" to meen gold plated. Have it looked at.
Gaudy or not, I happen to like that ring as it is "1970s Wiseguy chic". If it's real gold and diamonds, PM me if your interested in selling. One man's gaudy eyesore is another man's guilty pleasure!

Anyway, congrats on the great finds!
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Wow, great weekend. Better than going to Vegas! ;D ;D I hope for one of those types of rings a year and you find three in one weekend. I think you are the dirty dog. ;) :D

WTG. Congratulations.

And thanks for the write up of the old lady. That was entertaining. :D
But what did she mean when she said you smelled good?

Bob
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Another Awesome, true-life tale, from ModernMiner! 8) Fantastic recoveries there my friend. ;) Dougman, your post started out real intersting to say the least, then turned very informative as the threads stated comin' in... Man, what a wonderful way for me to spend my last half hour, this a.m. learnin' & laughin' & seeing all the neat comments that some of the kool folks in here , come up with for ya! 8) I'm even feelin' the warmth & fuzzyness that you mentioned in a reply above, as well. :-[ Aint't this TH'in stuff, the KOOLEST? Especially, on THIS Treasure Forum! :)

I LMAO when I read about granny hangin' over ya like that, and sniffin' up yer aftershave like it was labeled eat-me or something, with visions of lil ol' you in yer undies, in the rack! ;D ;D Killed me! ;D Some of your friends in here had some totally FUNNY comebacks about the whole thing too! ;D

Oh ya, one last little thing for you Doug, about that special time with yer boy. On the one hand, it's sort of a drag that he doesn't seem to be interested in TH'ing? I'm sure you must have tried a time or two already though, so. The next thing I see, that will ENSURE even more Quality time with your young man, would be for you, to get a used, el cheapo, 21 speed MTB. Seriously, tell him about wanting to get one even, for starters. See what he thinks of the idea of you and him goin' bikin' around together. He may go two ways. Think it's too whack OR LOVE it! You see, you can then ask him how to work the gears, or how to set the seat height properly, or do a wheelie or any other Bike related stuff, that you know he will know about. That will show him that he is actually teachin' dad some stuff, and he will like that, I'm sure. It's Another way Doug, to prolong those times and feelings of you two stickin' around together, before his buds and girls take over his time. Trust me, that time won't be long in coming, so make hay any way you can, my Man!

I know this MTB idea may sound a bit off the wall to you at first buddyman, but I personally bike quite a lot and I've been recommending it to ALL of my over forty friends for the last five plus years. 8) I swear it's also what sort of keeps me in shape. Well, that and all the squatin' I do while diggin' stuff. :D Of course, that's if you can call skinny, fit? ;D Thanx again for sharing this great stuff with us all, MM! Priceless!

Yours in TH'ing,


LarryB
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Larry,
Thanks for the post. I do have a MTB, and we go riding together sometimes. I'm still o.k. in my sons eyes, but not "cool" in my daughters eyes. ;D She enjoyed when we rode dirt bikes (motorcycles) together though. I was cool then. ;) My son and I do a lot of fishing together too, just like I did with my Dad. We have a pond in our subdivision, and we get bigger Bass, Bluegill, and Crappie out of there than the bigger lakes.
I'm actually putting together my 2nd annual fishing derby right now for the kids in the subdivision. They had so much fun last year that the parents said it was the best event so far! That made me feel pretty good. We had trophies, prizes, food, etc. I made a large life-sized wooden boat cutout and took the kids pictures behind it. Came out great.
As far as my son getting into MDing with me, I think he's changed his mind a bit now since he saw me pull up the two gold rings when he was with me. ;D I actually didn't have two detectors until just recently, so now we can both enjoy the hobby.
Thanks again Buddy.
Hope all is well,
MM
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Wow! What a great day! well......other than that scarred for life part! ;) Great finds though and sounds like you and your son have some great memories building up, can't get better treasure than that! :D
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Oh my ... I have tears in my eyes! That's just too funny!
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Good news today folks. I took the big ring to a jeweler tonight, and the diamonds in it ARE REAL!!! Ya-hooooo. When I get back next week, I hope to get it appraised.
The silver & diamond earring I found yesterday and posted was a CZ though. :(
I'm very happy with the ring finds. I still can't believe it!
-MM-
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Congratulations;You may want ask'Tesoro'for a kick back on that ad. :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom