What's new

Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Had a great Sunday today. My son wanted to go mountain bike riding at his old middle school, and I knew there were plenty of areas to detect there. On the way, we stopped by this old farm house that I've always wanted to detect at. The old lady had an "antiques for sale" sign out front by an ancient tractor. We stopped to see what she had, and I thought it would be the perfect time to ask permission to MD on her land. After knocking on both the front and back doors of her house, and waiting about 5 minutes, she finally came out. In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight! :( She scarred my son and I for life. I know I will not sleep well tonight. My son whispered something to me about "looks like to eggs in a pan" , and I about died. ;D Anyways, everything she had she wanted an arm and a leg for. I bought two old hubcap's from her , a Mustang & a MERC. I asked about MDing, but she wasn't too hip on the idea. She let me dig one hole by one of the old houses, and hovered over me like a hawk. I didn't want to look up, because I didn't want to see that saggy site in my face. To hole turned up a friggin' plow piece. She then told me I "smelled good". At that point I knew it was time to go. I told my son to get in the car and save himself. ;D
Well, I can mark that spot off my list.
We then proceded to the middle school. I haven't hit a playground in some time now, but have been seeing a lot of you coming up with some great finds there.
My son took of bike riding, and I took out my trusty Tesoro. There are acres upon acres of areas to search at this school, and I think it is untouched.
In a matter of minutes, I was finding clad. I hit the bark areas by the play sets (love the bottom of those slides), a small sandy soccer area, and last but not least, a sandy old volleyball area. While in the volleyball area, I found a 10KP GOLD & 7-Diamond ring!!! Big & gaudy sucker too (size 9). I couldn't believe my eyes.
I'm hoping this is the real McCoy, but I have no idea?
What does 10 KP C1 mean? Is it real gold?
I placed it in my pocket, and moved on. Within 5 minutes, the very next row in the sand, I found another ring!!! This one is a 14K WHITE GOLD wedding band (size 7 1/2).
By this time my son was back from riding, and we did a few high 5's. Also, his "Very nice" impression of Borat. ;D I told him he was my good luck.
This is my 3rd gold ring so far, two with diamonds.
Other finds were:
*A bunch of clad, including 4 quarters in one small hole.
*Some toy jewelry including a Jesus pendant.
*A Chinese (?) coin. Anyone know what this is? Probably an egg roll token? ;)

Anyways, it was a great Sunday. Or should I say SONday?
Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm still excited about the rings.

Ridley- Get your butt out there with the DFX, and work your magic.

Romeo- As you can see, the Tesoro I bought from you is working great. Thanks again.

Have a great week everyone,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,639
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    23 KB · Views: 1,612
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,614
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,603
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,608
  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,609
  • MVC-011S.webp
    MVC-011S.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,589
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,588
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,594
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,578
Upvote 0
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner said:
Good news today folks. I took the big ring to a jeweler tonight, and the diamonds in it ARE REAL!!! Ya-hooooo. When I get back next week, I hope to get it appraised.
The silver & diamond earring I found yesterday and posted was a CZ though. :(
I'm very happy with the ring finds. I still can't believe it!
-MM-

Wow. Congratulations. The Tesoro is paid for already.

Mike
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Congrats. That's a whole lot of diamonds. Great job. Do you think that is a actual gold nugget? Or just something crafted to like it?

HH
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Sheldius said:
Congrats. That's a whole lot of diamonds. Great job. Do you think that is a actual gold nugget? Or just something crafted to like it?

HH

I'm guessing crafted.
Thanks,
MM
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

wow very nice finds for sure, i'd have to keep going back !
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner said:
Larry,
Thanks for the post. I do have a MTB, and we go riding together sometimes. I'm still o.k. in my sons eyes, but not "cool" in my daughters eyes. ;D She enjoyed when we rode dirt bikes (motorcycles) together though. I was cool then. ;) My son and I do a lot of fishing together too, just like I did with my Dad. We have a pond in our subdivision, and we get bigger Bass, Bluegill, and Crappie out of there than the bigger lakes.
I'm actually putting together my 2nd annual fishing derby right now for the kids in the subdivision. They had so much fun last year that the parents said it was the best event so far! That made me feel pretty good. We had trophies, prizes, food, etc. I made a large life-sized wooden boat cutout and took the kids pictures behind it. Came out great.
As far as my son getting into MDing with me, I think he's changed his mind a bit now since he saw me pull up the two gold rings when he was with me. ;D I actually didn't have two detectors until just recently, so now we can both enjoy the hobby.
Thanks again Buddy.
Hope all is well,
MM

Hi MM, Just gettin' back in here after a big chunk of internet (computer) downtime and tryin' to catch up on past posts 'n such. Found yours and did the big smiley thing! ;D

Thanx back to ya my man. Your above reply fills in many of the blanks for me now. How did the Second Annual Fishin' Derby go friend? Now That is an Awesome idea 8) for any fishing parent in any hood that has a creek, pond or lake. It was a big part of my plan when I bought my first house shortly after getting married, right on the very edge of a spring fed creek running through the back yard. My two children were raised by the water and ate from the wild plants on the land with me for the first few years of their lives. It was enough to give them their basic grounding, that I know will carry them through some of life's future tough times. Like your son, they were taught right there live, that reality rules and dad just scored something of great value while in their company to prove that real is real and you can make good use of it if you get at it.

SO kool to hear that you do indeed bike with yer boy like I've had the pleasure of doin' with mine. That is powerful bonding stuff that the girls don't seem quite so able to pick up on. The male bonding things that can, if tempered properly of course, be steered gracefully right into the open arms of the womenfolk in yer life. Do any of your daughters friends ride MTB's? If not, she could become their "leader" or thing starter girl. If a few of her friends do ride bikes, get her to get some of them to come along with you and yer boy on yer next two wheeled tour, just to see if girls can keep up etc etc. ;D Rib rib, nudge nudge wink. :)

She just may change her tune about dad bein' square or not cool if she spends more time with you and yer son. Remind her, in case she forgot, that she is ALWAYS welcome to come along with you MM, anywhere, anytime, under any circumstances she wants. Even fishing, heaven forbid. ;D

Depending on how old she is mentally, she might just be up to tagin' along with you 'n bud on those MTB's of yers and bringn' maybe, her best friend (girlfriend) on a borrowed bike even! Ya never know! ;) I'm sure ya'll have a spare fishin' pole for a girlfriend or two of hers that might wanna get a taste of the real Outdoorsy world out there with yer young lady if she takes you up on that kinda offer. ;)

Thanx for the super thread MM, have a large day ol' bud. AND, keep close to them chilln's too. 8)

lb
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Hey MM, that's a nice freakin ring! Congrats. Loved the story about the old lady too. I agree tho., you should have sucked it up, she probably has a lot of experience! LOL ;D :P
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

BobPA said:
Nothing like "Having old age creep up on you"

Too Funny Bobby! ;D Creepy! ;D

Keep diggin' it...

lb
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D that is one sweet ring my friend !!!! killer !!! ;D ;D
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Hiya Doug, Just wondering what that slick ring of yours finally appraised out at? :) What a nice chunk of good fortune you had that day for sure. And to have yer son witness your prizes, confirming that his dad is indeed very Cool to say the least, would, should and could influence him big-time in one of the koolest hobbies on the planet. You shore dun a good'n there ol' pard, I'm real happy for ya. 8) Does your daughter bike with you too? You mentioned her interest in dirt bikes so she must have some adventure/excitement blood in her, eh? ;D

Anywho buddy, all is well at this end and thnx for the concern too. Yup, feels good dude, ends are meetin' again finally and I'm on my fifth computer now 'cause they can't keep me off the net for too long. Although this last time, was almost too long. ;D It's amazing how fast one can forget stuff if ya ain't doin' it on a fairly regular basis. ;D

Have a great evening chum!

lb
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

i have the exact little chinese looking coing i dont know what it is but now i know it must not be all that rare :D
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

This post was from quite a few months ago I see. Great finds though, congratulations.

Rev
 
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

larrybass said:
Hiya Doug, Just wondering what that slick ring of yours finally appraised out at? :) What a nice chunk of good fortune you had that day for sure. And to have yer son witness your prizes, confirming that his dad is indeed very Cool to say the least, would, should and could influence him big-time in one of the koolest hobbies on the planet. You shore dun a good'n there ol' pard, I'm real happy for ya. 8) Does your daughter bike with you too? You mentioned her interest in dirt bikes so she must have some adventure/excitement blood in her, eh? ;D

Anywho buddy, all is well at this end and thnx for the concern too. Yup, feels good dude, ends are meetin' again finally and I'm on my fifth computer now 'cause they can't keep me off the net for too long. Although this last time, was almost too long. ;D It's amazing how fast one can forget stuff if ya ain't doin' it on a fairly regular basis. ;D

Have a great evening chum!

lb

Welcome back Larry.
The nugget ring appraised at about $900 US.
I sold it to another TN member who loved it.
I really need to get back over to that park. We found three rings in a 20' area. ;D
-MM-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom