What's new

Tin Type Photographers Amazing artists!!!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wanted to take a second and spotlight 2 very talented Photographers.
Bob Szabo The Wet Plate Collodion Photography of Robert Szabo
Todd Harrington Home
They are not only serious CW relic hunters, but they are also some the best Tin Type photographers left in the World. This is a rare art that many jst don't practice anymore. I am honored to have them both as my friends, and relic hunting buddies. Both have worked with Prominent Hollywood Producers including Stephen Spielburg. Their art has adorned the covers of many prominent magazines like National Geographic. Beautiful work guys!

They are both members of the JGD community. Send them a PM to say hello, and vist their websites in the above links tearsheets.webpTodd_Harrington_Business_Card_3.webpBurying_Dead_-_Rose_Farm_op_800x606.webpCS-Creek-Group---Web_op_644x433.webp
 
Cool. I've seen Szabo's pics before and recognize his work, but never could put a name with it. Thanks for the link.
 
Very nice work. There is something about the old tin type photos that can make certain subjects very spooky. Those marionettes fall into that catagory.

Reminds me of the old victorian death cabinet cards. I remember seeing some old ones of children which really sends shivers down your spine. The other thing that came to mind are the old wetern photos of gunned down criminals on display in their coffins.

This is a lost art...I'm glad your friends are keeping it alive.

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom