What's new

Tiny Buckle help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Smallest buckle I have found to date. Any idea how old and what this buckle would have been used for?
 

Attachments

  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 476
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 484
I'm thinking it is a buckle off a hat.
 
Upvote 0
buckle from a pet collar
 
Upvote 0
Hmmmmmm....................... Midgets belt buckle.... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Hey G, Your buckle looks as if it could have had 2 prongs. Is there evidence of that or is that an optical illusion? Breezie
 

Attachments

  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0
At first I thought watch band but they probably were not common in the timeframe you are searching so its more likely a purse strap, or maybe even a bra. :dontknow: It looks like I see a curvature which may mean shoe, hat or pet. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
They are early as I've found them on 18th century sites myself.............here is what IP came up with on that type & I'll add a couple others that may turn up for you some day that are small also,& came from 18th century sites as well. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
You'll see them on the buckle graph below #40
Here's what IP came up with on a post.......
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,437413.0.html
 

Attachments

  • bucklefig10[1].webp
    bucklefig10[1].webp
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,097
  • bucklefig10[1].webp
    bucklefig10[1].webp
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • IMG_0001.webp
    IMG_0001.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,047
Upvote 0
Great ID, boot buckle sounds good. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
yep see above #40 type shoe or boot buckle quite old --nice find
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Hey G, Your buckle looks as if it could have had 2 prongs. Is there evidence of that or is that an optical illusion? Breezie
Your correct Breezie!!!
Nice ID Timekiller!!! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Breezie said:
Hey G, Your buckle looks as if it could have had 2 prongs. Is there evidence of that or is that an optical illusion? Breezie
Your correct Breezie!!!
Nice ID Timekiller!!! :hello2:
You'll have to thank (IP) I just new they were old as I've dug them from old sites.Never really new for sure what they were used for.Just passing on info.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom