What's new

✅ SOLVED Tiny coin or token

Rmeav8r

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
711
Reaction score
962
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this tiny coin or token in my finds bag when I emptied it today. I’m not sure how long it’s been in there...it vaguely looks familiar. It think I remember finding it but it’s been several years ago. Looks like numeral 10 with 6 stars on one side and F ? M on the other side. Might be play money....
Any help appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 46F4A7F6-E7AF-42FD-8CB7-3EB0088C9EDB.webp
    46F4A7F6-E7AF-42FD-8CB7-3EB0088C9EDB.webp
    230.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 19771028-CC59-436A-B320-EF4F5212A09A.webp
    19771028-CC59-436A-B320-EF4F5212A09A.webp
    196 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Looks like play money.

Tim
 
Upvote 0
The lighting doesn’t help, the coin is silver with a few spots of light corrosion on the edge.
 
Upvote 0
Solved

Play money indeed, 1950s early 1960’s. F M is Foster-Morris or Funny Money. Still cool find...better than a zinc penny!
 

Attachments

  • 6F027B24-8D37-4D51-B622-FCD7BB0E4A70.webp
    6F027B24-8D37-4D51-B622-FCD7BB0E4A70.webp
    96.3 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom