What's new

Tiny Human Skull

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it in a bottle dump . I'm not sure what kind of material it's made from , but it's hard as stone . there is no area where it was ever attached to anything , like a pendent or ring .
 

Attachments

  • skll2.webp
    skll2.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 762
  • skll3.webp
    skll3.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 760
  • skll.webp
    skll.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 758
Small pottery skulls are sometimes associated with Day of the Dead observances in Mexico, although this one is a good deal smaller than any of the examples I could find online.
 
Upvote 0
Good lord man, go back and look for a pot of gold......it is no doubt a fossilized leprechauns skull ;D
 
Upvote 0
Have you dated the dump yet? If so, the ID masters here might be able to narrow that piece down.
newt
 
Upvote 0
I would say Jasper or Jade.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Upvote 0
I've seen similar in gumball type machines . Monty
 
Upvote 0
dont know what it is but its a cool find!
 
Upvote 0
Drill a hole in it, tie it to your detector to ward off bad detecting demons ;D ;D. Tony
 
Upvote 0
sanford. said:
Good lord man, go back and look for a pot of gold......it is no doubt a fossilized leprechauns skull ;D

Yep :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
You don't mention how much it weighs... Is it heavy enough to be stone? In the 2nd photo it does appear to be stone, but on the other hand it also looks like a good quality plastic piece to me. Is it cold to the touch or just room temperature?
 
Upvote 0
woody50 said:
You don't mention how much it weighs... Is it heavy enough to be stone? In the 2nd photo it does appear to be stone, but on the other hand it also looks like a good quality plastic piece to me. Is it cold to the touch or just room temperature?
I does feel like weighs about as much as a stone of the same size . It is cold to touch - but the room I'm in is kind of chilly .

the oldest bottle I found in the dump is from the 1850's - the newest is from the 1970's .
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Who is it
Replies
5
Views
635
Replies
11
Views
787

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom