ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to run an out of town errand (out of state even, but not really that far distance-wise) yesterday. I looked at the map, and I was going to be in about a 20-30 mile radius of 4 small 1-bank towns, so I figured I would relieve them of their half dollar problems. ;D

Town #1 relieved their own problem. The friendly teller told me they "got rid of" all their halves the day before. Just my luck. Town #2 had 1 loose half in the teller's tray. I nicely told the teller that I was hoping for more and she returns from the vault with a single roll (I have a feeling there was more). I peek inside the roll in the parking lot and the end coin looks silver. I let 4 or 5 slide out into my hand...all silver. I was thinking I found my first solid silver roll. Somehow I avoided the temptation, slid the coins back into the wrapper, and continued on to the other towns. The roll contained 2 90% (Kens) and 9 40%ers. Town #3 had $10 worth, all clad. Town #4 had 2 lonely halves but 1 was a 40%er as the teller was so kind to point out to me as she handed it over.

Anyway, I'll take the 10 40s and a couple of 90s and happily add them to the tiny - but still growing a bit - pile.

Upvote 0

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Not bad... I'd be going to that bank where you got that awesome roll and asking for more... and maybe opening an account if they have a lot in the vault they don't want to give you.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Arkie....That first all 90% silver roll is just around the corner. Ya gotta believe!
rileyboy

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds (silver) good to me. Yep, more to the pile only build a larger pile!

More HSH,

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread