What's new

Tired of finding only flood gold. Set out to find larger gold

Smithsgold

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
671
Reaction score
694
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting



The water is dropping in the rivers, this grants us access to the larger gold !!!!!
 
Upvote 0
TT's vids are the best on the net...imo!!!!!!
 
Heavy gold is on bedrock, you have to dig for it..
 
I don't spend a lot of time mining on creeks and rivers (I know weird right?). That's just not how I find my gold.
However..your video has inspired me to plan a trip to the river this weekend.
Summer is passing quickly and it's time.

Thanks for the effort you put into that.
 
Last edited:
I don't spend a lot of time mining on creeks and rivers (I know weird right?). That's just not how I find my gold.
However..your video has inspired me to plan a trip to the river this weekend.
Summer is passing quickly and it's time.

Thanks for the effort you put into that.

Good Luck
 
Good Luck

Did not get to spend but a couple hours on the river playing. But I did manage to find a pinch of gold in an area where the square nails were accumulating behind a big rock.
1F0E1B3A-92E4-4ED5-9A41-8FA632C35939.webp
 
Nice going !!!!!

It was literally a pinch of gold. Got ready hike back to the truck and realized I didn't plan on finding any small gold....no snuffer bottle. What am I going to carry it in? Dad hands me a pill bottle so I pinched up the gold and dropped it in the bottle. Washed what was left out into the river as seed gold. :laughing7:

Lots of black/purple magnetite/hematite pebbles in each pan.
Black sand was fairly coarse. Probably a nugget buried there somewhere. Didn't get a chance to dig but a couple gallons of material out.

Think I'll head back to the river next weekend.
 
Love this guys videos! My favorite gold prospector, by far.
 
Understand completely
I am tired of 14k rings on the beach, gotta get me some 18k
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom