To buy or not to buy? $35 or less

redfish76

Sep 12, 2010
Florida
Hey all
What do you guys and gals think about this sewing machine? its $35 and comes complete. I have seen another at a thrift store and was about $175

CIMG0403.jpg

CIMG0404.jpg

CIMG0395.jpg

CIMG0400.jpg

CIMG0391.jpg

CIMG0399.jpg

I appears to be a tredel type that has been retrofitted with a motor. Great machines. Some of the tool kits are worth more than the machines. Great for basic sewing and other things with the attachments. I male bean bags on mine every Christmas.

Kenley
Thanks for the info.... do you think if I bought it I would be able to sell it fast? I also have a Singer 503A I got for free and its only missing the front plate...

Redfish76

redfish76 said:
I have seen another at a thrift store and was about $175
Don't use thrift store as price guides. they tend to way over price at times.
Look at antique stores knowing they show the high price on their tags and are willing to bargain. What ever the final bargain price is would be about the going rate.
Can't go wrong for $35, it will probably need to be taken apart and cleaned and oiled on the inside. My mom had a simular one when I was a kid.

It looks like it's in pretty good shape. For $35 I would jump on it, you definetly shouldn't loose any money on it.

I see them constantly for sale around my area for $100-$150. They generally go for $100 at the auction house. Not sure if you'll be able to move it fast, maybe if priced right. Should be able to make some money at that price. I don't know a lot about them, just that they are widely available. There are a few small and limited ones that sell high.
I pass on them at any sales.. just too big and common for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back