Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the question.

I decided to hit the side of the sports field next to my daughter high school where I've noticed her sitting with her friends. It was going pretty well with some nice pocket dumps when I had a signal from a different kid of dump ;D I was getting a signal which could have been a good coin from under a pile of dog droppings. I had to pause for a second or two to decide if this was something I wanted to check out - I did and retrieved a $2 coin. This pretty much confirmed what I already knew about the lengths we detectorists will go to.

All up after about 4.5 hours I had found $51.53 so I know where I'm going next weekend too.

Upvote 0
Harry,
LMAO. ;D The closest I've come to that situation was under some goose poo.
Any pictures? Just kidding.
Great post.
-MM-

$51 in 4 hours, OMG, now that's a pile of loot, congrats on that.
Was there a lot of $2 and $1 coins to get it so high.
Sweet deal, good luck on return!

Smiles!
BDoo

I might be adding a peg to my digging gear. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

I trump yours with a Cow sh*t although it was rubbish.

Boobydoo said:
Was there a lot of $2 and $1 coins to get it so high.
Smiles!
BDoo

Majority of the value is from the $2 and $1 coins - I'm probably missing a lot of 5c and 10c coins as they are in the same range as pull tabs, I get some 20c coins but they are in the same range as bottle caps but I get lots of 1c, 2c, $1 and $2 coins as they are mostly clear signals without rubbish. I also get a few 50c coins but because they are the largest of our coins here in Australia a lot of them are picked up before they sink below grass level.

Thanks for the comments guys

Wow thats a fantastic day of diggin.....
Keep safe...

nice diggin

i have dug into a few ant beds before and the ants did'nt like it too well :)
but if i were to come across a good signal under a pile of dog crap i'd dig it. 8)

HH

Yep, ant pile. Dug up a nickel in about 6 seconds flat over the weekend. I think that's my hole diggin' record!!! :D

Cool digs mate !!

Keep swingin'

Ima

If you found it UNDER the dog poo you're not sweeping low enough. :D You should be flingin that stuff out of the way was you go.

(And that keeps the spectators at a distance, too.)

Charlie P. (NY) said:
If you found it UNDER the dog poo you're not sweeping low enough. :D You should be flingin that stuff out of the way was you go.

(And that keeps the spectators at a distance, too.)

I'm not too sure that my wife, Princess Three Horses, would let me back in the house if I came home splattered with dog poo no matter how much I'd found ;D

Princess Three Horses = Nag, Nag, Nag

A couple of weeks ago I had a very strong quarter hit and noticed a very strong odor! >:( But decided to move the used toilet paper and take a look under the pile of leaves....There was 50 coins and over $8 in clad! :o Later found out it was where the bums lived and was probably their hidden panhandling loot! ;D

No shitstinky, that's a great haul no matter where you are!...I also moved a pile of dog poo a while back to dig but no good luck for me. It never has for me. Congrats on the loot. Wish we had $2 coins here.

DANGLANGLEY

Oh, the word shitstinky passed spell check...LOL!!!

Attachments

• license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 510
  • license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 509
If it's this "pretty," well then, I'd say DIG!!!!! ;D
(strange that I happen to have a pic of poop, huh????)

Attachments

• IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 365
That's a great haul of clad! I have dug on many fresh sprayed fields, did one this weekend. Only dug two signals and one was a nice button with a rampant lion holding a sword, shank intact. If you are good, you could have dug under the poo pile, retrieved the target without anyone noticing, LOL! Nice finds and HH, Mike

Thanks for the comments on a topic not often talked about in polite society ::) ;D

I will admit that that although I didn't employ a lateral tunnelling technique as suggested by Mike I did bury it at the bottom of the plug.

:D Oh my goodness! :D What a mess! :D

Congrats on all those finds, Harry! That's a bunch'a money! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back