Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too good to be true?

Hello guys!

I want to buy a waterproof detector and I´ve been looking at the Excalibur 2. The problem is that it costs a lot of money, money I don´t have. I´ve been searching around the internet and found the website CEMPAKA-MAS.COM - Selling Complete Metal Detector with competitive price.. On every other websites I´ve visited the Excal has cost about 1000-1500€, on this website only 708€ with shipping included. This makes me a little bit doubtful, could it really be that good? Does anyone know about/ have used this website? Are they serious? Unfortunatly, when something seems too good to be true, it usually is.... ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know if you intend to go fresh water hunting or salt water hunting. As you probably know, it takes different technology for each. We fresh water hunt only and the best thing we found was the Tesoro made for fresh water. At the time it was only about six hundred and works wonderful.

OP
OP
G

Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know if you intend to go fresh water hunting or salt water hunting. As you probably know, it takes different technology for each. We fresh water hunt only and the best thing we found was the Tesoro made for fresh water. At the time it was only about six hundred and works wonderful.

I want to do both and I think that the Excalibur is the right machine for me. Unfortunately I don´t have that much money and if I could buy it for 708€ it would be great. But I find it a little bit strange that they can sell it for 708€ when everybody else takes about 1500€, don´t you think? 708€ is still a lot of money and I don´t want to get fooled.... So if anyone knows anything about this website please let me know =)

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
China is making Minelab replicas. They look just like the real thing on the outside, but with cheaper components inside. They even copy the Minelab boxes. If you find a new Minelab for half the normal price, it's going to be a piece of crap from China.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're based in Indonesia.......I'd BEWARE! Check with our supporting vendors here on Tnet. They might be able to make you a good deal on a used one.

OP
OP
G

Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just as I thought. Well, I guess I have to get a job so I can buy a real one lol =P

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah - Guld, somethng very wrong there. The manufacturers set bottom line prices for the detectors. If someone is selling way below everyone else, it's very fishy. Save your money and buy the machine you want. The excalibur is the BEST freshwater machine made IMO. I have been hunting for 30 years and I scuba - I have made incredible finds and the excal is very reliable. Hasn't failed me yet!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread