The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the best thing to do is to definitely pick up and properly dispose of any trash items you dig up, and you can also pick up any surface trash as well. I pick up the surface trash when it's along my detecting path. If all of us filled our holes and picked up the trash we might have fewer detecting bans and enjoy a better reputation.

HH!
TBGO

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my clubs rules as a basic guideline. Pick up all trash uncovered. The only exception being something large and heavy, then just dig a foot down and bury it. This is usually done in fields so burying a foot or more should not harm plow shears. Picking up trash also removes bad signals so you can key in on good targets close by.

Ed Donovan

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I pick up a lot of surface trash on every hunt, as well as what I dig up. Then I go through the trash when I get home; sometimes trash can be a dirt covered treasure. Ya never know.

And I want to leave the area I hunted a little better than when I arrived. This means broken glass and candy wrappers, too.

Dick

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely pick up all trash and take it home and then look at it again before dumping it. Always have at least 2 pockets on your belt, on for goodies and one for trash. Remove all glass or any paper too. Large items you can set aside in a fence row or on the beach near a lifeguard shack where the beach crew can remove it.

HH,
Sandman

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take all trash with you.

Leave the Gold behind & give me a Call ;)

Actually I beleave everyone here covered it Nicely.

Jeff

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
remove all the trash you find at least 4 reasons. leaves place cleaner, makes area safer for those that play in area, you dont have to find again, and by removing all the trash you might unmask a goodie that you otherwise would miss by leaving the trash. the tinfoil and trash is annoying, but the rusted nails , wire, shredded metal, razor blades are just dangerous for you and others. I have been in some play areas that had so much dangerous trash that I have told folks not to let their kids slide head first down the slide. One other thing to consider some of the oldtimers will remember you used to save everything then the lead copper brass all went into containers for future trips to recycler
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread