TO: The $1500 daily dumper.....thanks!

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
OK, so you dump 1500 every day at the same location. Or at least you did until last week. The bank you were dumping at cut you off! So then you went to the next closest location and abused them. Got cut off there, too. I know of 1 more you got cut off at as well. How do I know this? Because I have friends in the "biz" that tell me a lot. Here's a clue for you........
STOP ABUSING THEM!

They hate you coming in and using the machine EVERY DAY! Stop it!
Seriously they don't have time to stop other things to change multiple bags for you every single day.
Now you have lost 3 (maybe more) banks to dump at.

Refer to the CRH do's and do not's in the first post! You are going to end it for EVERYONE around here that uses machines. I know of 6 places that have machines that have now cut off all dollar and half dollar dumps. Maybe you just don't really care, I don't know. I do know this: keep it up and they all will be lost!

I won't say where, other than EAST COAST.
SC

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Not trying to start anything. Just being a devil's advocate here. If I was a monster searcher over there, how else can I get rid of my dumps? If I have say 30 boxes to get rid of a week? Bottom line, monster searcher please stop? What if you live in a smaller area and it's limited in the number of banks available?

I don't care since I don't do that much but would like to hear from some bigger searchers here in regards to dump their large orders per week. The system is different out here. No machines so people don't complain if some dumper breaks the machine. Everything just gets bagged and sent out.

OP
OP
S

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
SF....Reroll? I don't know. But for sure-you will NOT be a monster searcher for very long if you have no where
to dump! :icon_scratch:
SC

SFBayArea said:
Not trying to start anything. Just being a devil's advocate here. If I was a monster searcher over there, how else can I get rid of my dumps? If I have say 30 boxes to get rid of a week? Bottom line, monster searcher please stop? What if you live in a smaller area and it's limited in the number of banks available?

I don't care since I don't do that much but would like to hear from some bigger searchers here in regards to dump their large orders per week. The system is different out here. No machines so people don't complain if some dumper breaks the machine. Everything just gets bagged and sent out.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm let me think...nope not me!

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:

ill tell u how...get more banks. its the east coast...banks everywhere :thumbsup:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...$1,500 a day, at the same bank?

I have a dump bank where I used to fill a $1,000 bag once a week, and have done everything possible to be friendly, polite, build relationships, and avoid bag changes whenever possible...and they are still giving me the evil eye. (Most of it is from a hateful old woman who searches half dollar bags off the machine).

I haven't dumped at that bank for months, until I dumped $200 in dimes the other day. They still have the evil eye thing going on!

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a rural area, less than 1000 people in my village, we have one bank. I walk in they call me by name. Buy cents, nickles and dimes there and dump halves.

I think the biggest thing is communication. Tell them what you want. I told them I want to look thru 10k per week in halves, can I bring them here?? in quantities of 1k so that they can send them back each week and they are not just sitting in the vault.

These tellers deal with many people each day, some know what we are doing some dont. Myself Im only a coin collector that collects many different types of coins.

Some like to surf the net, some like to watch TV, read a book, play games, I like to play with coins.

OP
OP
S

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Evil eye thing.....heheh....LOL :laughing7:

You could get evil as well by painting a few clad edges a silvery color. :laughing7:

At least you are dumping in moderation and you have common sense enough to understand you can't abuse!

-SC

clovis97 said:
I have a dump bank where I used to fill a $1,000 bag once a week, and have done everything possible to be friendly, polite, build relationships, and avoid bag changes whenever possible...and they are still giving me the evil eye. (Most of it is from a hateful old woman who searches half dollar bags off the machine).

I haven't dumped at that bank for months, until I dumped $200 in dimes the other day. They still have the evil eye thing going on!

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I could do 30+ boxes a week I would, as would most people on here, but just because you can doesn't mean you necessarily should. 30+ boxes now and pissing off your banks means no boxes later and not just for you but everyone else. Our hobby is growing fast it seems and even those of us who do 10 or less boxes a week need to think about how and where we dump. Plan out your dumps and spread them out as much as possible. Not everyone has a lot of banks at their disposal, I get it, but if you have those high numbers you should expect to drive a little more to dump as well as pick-up.

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ain't me, i only do 4 boxes a week. Have to re-roll and re-box my dumps. I think banks should limit people to 2 boxes a week. Seems reasonable to me....

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Here is my two cents. I would be too embarrassed to dump $1500 per day in a coin machine at the same bank. I have said it before and I will say it again, I would rather re-roll my dumps than use the pain-in-the-a$$ coin machines. Not only that, but there are several options when it comes to dumping. Like using coin lock bags for instance, if you focus on building a good relationship with a bank, instead of making them all hate you... It would be no time at all before they let you drop off thousands of dollars of fifty cent pieces loose in bags, and walk out with said amount of cash in hand...... Think about it.

Chris.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an interesting subject. Whenever I initiate a new order I ask the VT or Manager how many they can order comfortably, some say 2/week, some have no problem with 4. I spread my 25 boxes of dumps between about 9 banks. Recently, two of my primary banks began limiting the halves they will sell to 1 box/week, and the other limited to 1 box/month. They say its the "cash vault" that is putting this limit, but other branches are happily churning out 3-4 boxes a week for me. I ask at least once/week, "Is everything cool? Do you need me to give you a break? Change pick up days/times? etc." The answer is ALWAYS "No, you're good." Then, suddenly there is a change as I mentioned. I wish they would be more up front about what is and is not OK. If the manager at a branch happily says 4 boxes is no problem, then suddenly limits it to 1, I am lead to believe that A) The manager does not know what he is doing, or B) Crap happens further up the chain and they get a lashing. I suspect B.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScottNVAB said:
OK, so you dump 1500 every day at the same location. Or at least you did until last week. The bank you were dumping at cut you off! So then you went to the next closest location and abused them. Got cut off there, too. I know of 1 more you got cut off at as well. How do I know this? Because I have friends in the "biz" that tell me a lot. Here's a clue for you........
STOP ABUSING THEM!

Seriously they don't have time to stop other things to change multiple bags for you every single day.

Refer to the CRH do's and do not's in the first post! You are going to end it for EVERYONE around here that uses machines. I know of 6 places that have machines that have now cut off all dollar and half dollar dumps. Maybe you just don't really care, I don't know. I do know this: keep it up and they all will be lost!

SC

Let me guess... TD Bank? Again another problem with dumping there.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
palidin20603 said:
ScottNVAB said:
STOP ABUSING THEM!

SC

I only did a couple boxes 1 time just to test the waters & didn't find any Silver at all but I did use TD bank & the ones in NH that I used to go to don't even have counters that can handle halves. Both times at 2 different TD banks the tellers had to count them by hand.

OP
OP
S

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Yup....you guessed it. and 2 locations at another bank chain as well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very sore subject to me. People that do over 40 boxes (get a life) a week and dump at coin machines and say the bank is okay with 1k or 2k they are not. I know a branch manager and rules are being put in place by regional managers to have the abuse stop with the large halve dumps saying you can't dump here anymore. This ruins it for the fun CRH that just do a few boxes a week. Greed will hurt all of us!

Soon we will be charged to dump halve dollars by all banks don't ruin a good thing for the rest of us.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread