What's new

Today Franklin and Kennedy took a bath

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that many of you will hate this but I have posted before that I love halves for the silver but
I hate them because they are the dirtiest coins and I can not stand the color of my fingers after searching rolls. Plus on top of that every time I am handling my coins I have my wife telling me, " Wash your hands, Wash your hands".

Since I do not have any collectible coins or special coins and the value is just what the silver is I decided to clean them all.

I mixed in a glass 1 quarter of RCL (Kitchen and Bath Multi Use Cleaner) and water and I took a Brush and began cleaning them. They were ugly dirty before and after I was done they were shiny from the mint.
(well not exactly from the mint. you can tell they were clean)

Bu they are clean know

DW
 
Upvote 0
I know what your saying I do the same thing to 40%s before
they get packed away.
 
Good job! I know some coin collectors out there would cringe at even the thought of cleaning coins. Personally I dont see the big deal as long as you know what you are doing.
 
Nope not me, I don't even clean the old nickels that I find while MD'ng. I like the way they look when they come to me, dirty or not. :thumbsup:
 
Its all gravy until you accidently clean the highly collectable date one that you did not know you had. I don´t clean unless it is so far gone you can´t tell what it is.

Golden Silver
 
I like my silver coins to have a brilliant shine. You don't have to take a brush to them, that's what scares me; just do a chemical dip.
I only dip common date silver, for other coins like dug wheats, I tumble for an hour or so, they come out looking great. I've even tumbled corroded old indians with much luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom