What's new

Today i found

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this order lol
 

Attachments

  • image-2189645601.webp
    image-2189645601.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2000027789.webp
    image-2000027789.webp
    193.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image-688541832.webp
    image-688541832.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1786726031.webp
    image-1786726031.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-317408874.webp
    image-317408874.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image-971512465.webp
    image-971512465.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1890100363.webp
    image-1890100363.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Nice!!!

What did you do with the second find?
 
You find some of the strangest stuff in your area. What kind of snake is that?
The first 2 artifacts you posted is there any secondary work on the edges?
 
Really nice finds! I like that spokeshave. That snake looks like a good candidate for tanning, and used as a hat band or belt. Diamondback I assume?
 
That is a large copperhead the skin is in the freeze ....and yes I think it has but it's pretty worn
 

Attachments

  • image-2360057051.webp
    image-2360057051.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for the compliments it means a lot ... Idk why I always find weird stuff it finds me I think
 
Well they are worked no doubt there. I was just wondering if they were preforms or tools is why I asked. Some call them blanks.
 
I've got so many I can kinda tell witch ones are hand ,hafted ,or performs the performs tend to be ruff and sharp on all edges and the others are smooth polished and have a worn working edge ill send pics of a couple performs I found two today
 
First two pics are performs or blanks second two is a hand axe last one side shot of preform
 

Attachments

  • image-2488532372.webp
    image-2488532372.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2681543115.webp
    image-2681543115.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1381566750.webp
    image-1381566750.webp
    25 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3611652034.webp
    image-3611652034.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 105
Sorry first pic only preforms
 
I find some like that but mine are smaller. Found this one rite on top of a dirt plow hill a bobcat dug. I wanted to go through the pile but forgot to ask if I could. Maybe this yr.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2838.webp
    100_2838.webp
    146.7 KB · Views: 99
You better lol that is definitely a point preform here is a trade blank and a hafted axe head ...I think
 

Attachments

  • image-2174923438.webp
    image-2174923438.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-367472926.webp
    image-367472926.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 96
Check this odd one out. Made from Jasper. Still dont know what it is.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2835.webp
    100_2835.webp
    124.8 KB · Views: 96
Idk either but it is pretty and you never know they liked that material IMOP for effigies
 
Looks like a tool with the piece sticking up
 
I found it real close to the same place as the last one I posted. Maybe 200 ft away.
 
I find rectangle flint bars perfect shape like a cube usually 6 to ten inches long and from 1/2 to 1 inch thick and they have little knapped marks on each corner and I believe those are what were traded as blanks in my area there was no need to fight over chert it is everywhere here
 
I also believe the percussion flaking angle of impact is different on a paleo or late archaic and woodland periods look at the long flakes on the hand axes and look at the short small ones on the preform picture idk
 
I also believe the percussion flaking angle of impact is different on a paleo or late archaic and woodland periods look at the long flakes on the hand axes and look at the short small ones on the preform picture idk

Sure each period is different. Now trans-paleo is the tricky one. Some long strikes and some short just like early archaic.
 
So confusing lol it will get figured out one day haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom