What's new

today in the lane i find my first ever......been looking many many years for 1

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
2,027
Reaction score
475
Golden Thread
0
Location
va beach, va
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i could not believe my eyes.

hunted myrtle beach, kure beach, carolina beach and was bound for the "SharkPit" for some, but i snagged my first one today

gold..............can not spell it

here are three spins in search of the yellow

good luck

.
.
.
.
.
.
 

Attachments

  • 720MEGATOOTH.webp
    720MEGATOOTH.webp
    55 KB · Views: 693
  • 718NUT.webp
    718NUT.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 701
  • 719NUT.webp
    719NUT.webp
    138.9 KB · Views: 695
  • 720NUT.webp
    720NUT.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 689
Upvote 0
Bravo!

You used to be able to find those shark teeth by the handfuls down in Venice Beach, Florida.
 
awesome finds big time.. love the tooth..
 
nice job but I am not sure that is a megalondon tooth? I know this is though ;D ;D

450px-Megalodon.jpg
 
when I was a kid we could find them by the buckets, my parents would only let us pick up a few teeth saying that it's nice to let others find a few too.....now one is lucky to find one broken tooth a year >:(

did you find a shooting lane there?

Gold is a hard word for me too these days. I finally found my first for the year; three in two days. With my luck it will be at least another year before I see it in the scoop.

nice finds and congrats on your first.
 
Cool tooth. Congrats! I've never found one of those before.
 
snooksion................U did not see it ?

man oh man that is two of us then
 
florida bill

u might be right on the money

several have told me it might be a tiger shark tooth or

anyway it is my first ever tooth find in va beach or elsewhere

i will keep looking for the next one........... :wink:
 
Nice tooth.......keep on looking.........some of those teeth are worth more than gold depending on the size and conditon. We have found hundreds in FL and saw some come out of the ocean that were worth several thousand dollars.
 
nice one Tuffy. I went to Venice last week and got a small bagful!! I had a good week in Florida. 2 gold rings but both got returned to owners. Oh well, the next will be another diamond I'm sure! lol
 
tim and i are still blind from the other

good luck :notworthy:
 
Congrats on the tooth, but it isn't a Megladon. It looks like a Sand Shark tooth. Still cool to find. Sea glass, Sea beans, and shark teeth are items that I always keep an eye out for.
 
Congrats GD! I also use to live in Venice. My father was in the Coast Guard and worked at the loran station located there. That was back in '65 to '68. My dad and I would walk the beach and find several teeth larger than his hand, we did'nt think nothing of it. Even when I walked home from school I would find them in the shellrock rds that led to where we lived.
 
detectahead said:
Congrats GD! I also use to live in Venice. My father was in the Coast Guard and worked at the loran station located there. That was back in '65 to '68. My dad and I would walk the beach and find several teeth larger than his hand, we did'nt think nothing of it. Even when I walked home from school I would find them in the shellrock rds that led to where we lived.

Back in the mid '70s here in Pasco County, Florida, we used to find spots like that too. When they would dredge canals we would walk along the sides where they dumped the stuff to find large sharks teeth and spear points. On parking lots that were gravel you could find fossils and sharks teeth.....its all luck if you can find even one know. I did find a medium size tooth the other day, it came up in my scoop
 
That's a Sand Tiger Shark tooth. They're incredibly common in the area, especially around NC. Meg's are much wider and resemble Great White teeth. My ex has a condo in Venice/Manasota Key area. Teeth everywhere on the beach there. You can go to the state parks and dig around the break and find meg teeth all the time. I did some diving in the area and found a couple really nice larger ones. Average around 5 inches. Still a very cool find! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom