Today records were broken

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Today I broke a personal record. I guess it was a good thing. I only brought two pieces in.

image-2089949826.jpg

image-4025254211.jpg

image-597638552.jpg

I think it's a hafted end scraper of some kind. Any info on what this thing is would be appreciated!!

image-951592253.jpg

Broken!
I also found a piece of glass in my glove box that I initially picked up weeks back. It was found in a field, so I kinda disregard the possibility that it could be worked glass. However, it looks like worked glass. It's so thick and flat on top, I can't think the glass is old enough. Any one with experience finding worked glass, let me know what you think.

image-1767100112.jpg

image-1112913562.jpg

image-1785789805.jpg

image-2204658743.jpg

image-3099302083.jpg

image-3655861040.jpg

image-1082456992.jpg

The last two pics are pieces of real worked glass that Gator sent me. I posted them for comparison.

Upvote 0
Beautiful pieces bro nice finds I'm glad you had good hunting thanks for the views !!!!

Definite manmade work on that dark piece IMHOP...is it just dark due to being on the side and the light glass pic is the same piece??? The light piece from the top doesn't look like anything. It's in that work that shows from the side. Unifacial. Many pieces of historic worked glass have that steep angle worked microedge, that I've seen anyway.

I think it's the same piece Tom.
Just from the photos... my first guess would be it was in a pile of trash that was burned and was struck with a shovel or something while breaking up the the material in the burn pile.
I see what looks like micro edge work..but in the photos I can't tell if that is pressure flaking.
Take one like this NC.

Last edited:
Definite manmade work on that dark piece IMHOP...is it just dark due to being on the side and the light glass pic is the same piece??? The light piece from the top doesn't look like anything. It's in that work that shows from the side. Unifacial. Many pieces of historic worked glass have that steep angle worked microedge, that I've seen anyway.

Tom, the last two pics are glass that Gator sent me. The pics before the very last two are the same piece. Yes, the piece looks dark because the glass is too thick to allow light through it. Gator, I don't think this piece was ever burned, but trash, it probably is. It was picked up in a tobacco field. The plow probably hit it a billion times, causing it to appear worked. I normally let glass lay undisturbed when I see it in a field. This piece caught my eye.

When you do.. take a metal detector there for sure.

I'm still looking for my first piece of worked glass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back