Todays CW finds

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
It was hot today, and got wore out quick, still finding lead, but its getting hard to find. I'm not sure what the iron thing is, looks like its rivited together with a brass or copper rivit, and I'm not sure what that one bullet is, I was thinking williams cleaner, but when I got it home it doesn't resemble any of them, so any info would be great, I hope everyone is having the same kind of weather we are having here in East,Tn. and HH

Attachments

• 0413101656b.jpg
    0413101656b.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 0413101656.jpg
    0413101656.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 0413101656a.jpg
    0413101656a.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0
Couple of nice drops there. That one on the left looks to have been rammed in by a rookie.lol
It also looks like it was pulled from the barrel! 8)

Thanks everyone, and yes I do believe it was pulled out also

The bullet on left looks like a bullet that had to be retrieved or removed from barrel with a "worm" which was just a length of steel rod with an end grapple to hook into bullet to remove it...the grapple or hook was really sharp so that it'd really bite into bullet when rod was tewisted to be able to get a good grip on bullet to remove it. Maybe someone removed bullet and before taking it off end of "Worm" they got shot or whatever...looks like piece of the "Worm" is still into end of bullet??? and rest of rod rusted away. JUST A SOUTHERN FELLOW'S GUESTIMATION HERE-LOL!!! :dontknow: :laughing7:

Nice CW finds. The bullet looks like a Spencer carbine to me.
Dman

sweet digs.........makes me wish I was down south, so I could hunt CW Relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back