Todays dime box (9/14/10)

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Today's dime box (9/14/10)

Well, got one keeper 1954-S. I almost passed it up and saw it when I reviewed the rolls just to be sure. Typical dime box for me. I thought initially that I got skunked so I forced myself to use my metal detector to find some change at a local school. Was mostly looking for quarters so I got $3.03 (13 quarters & 3 copper pennies). I hate it when I think I'm digging for a dime and I get a copper penny. That was hard work.. so much digging. I have a new rule for myself, anytime I get skunked on a dime box, I have to go make up for the gas money by metal detecting. It's punishment for getting skunked.. lol

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

That's a great idea! I sure would be out metal detecting more! Congratulations on the silver. Although I do have to say silver in the ground is more rewarding to me than silver in a roll.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

KEverett said:
That's a great idea! I sure would be out metal detecting more! Congratulations on the silver. Although I do have to say silver in the ground is more rewarding to me than silver in a roll.
I have yet to find silver in the ground :( just clad so far. Trying to account for the $800 bucks I paid for the machine one corroded quarter at a time.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST

It will pay for itself if you learn it and use it often, or you could just go find a $800 ring at one of the parks up there! ;D. I sent you a PM

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

SFBayArea said:
Well, got one keeper 1954-S. I almost passed it up and saw it when I reviewed the rolls just to be sure. Typical dime box for me. I thought initially that I got skunked so I forced myself to use my metal detector to find some change at a local school. Was mostly looking for quarters so I got $3.03 (13 quarters & 3 copper pennies). I hate it when I think I'm digging for a dime and I get a copper penny. That was hard work.. so much digging. I have a new rule for myself, anytime I get skunked on a dime box, I have to go make up for the gas money by metal detecting. It's punishment for getting skunked.. lol
Keep it up SF, there's more silver in the ground out there, than there is in rolls!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread