What's new

Todays dime box (9/14/10)

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Today's dime box (9/14/10)

Well, got one keeper 1954-S. I almost passed it up and saw it when I reviewed the rolls just to be sure. Typical dime box for me. I thought initially that I got skunked so I forced myself to use my metal detector to find some change at a local school. Was mostly looking for quarters so I got $3.03 (13 quarters & 3 copper pennies). I hate it when I think I'm digging for a dime and I get a copper penny. That was hard work.. so much digging. I have a new rule for myself, anytime I get skunked on a dime box, I have to go make up for the gas money by metal detecting. It's punishment for getting skunked.. lol
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

That's a great idea! I sure would be out metal detecting more! Congratulations on the silver. Although I do have to say silver in the ground is more rewarding to me than silver in a roll.
 
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

KEverett said:
That's a great idea! I sure would be out metal detecting more! Congratulations on the silver. Although I do have to say silver in the ground is more rewarding to me than silver in a roll.
I have yet to find silver in the ground :( just clad so far. Trying to account for the $800 bucks I paid for the machine one corroded quarter at a time.
 
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

It will pay for itself if you learn it and use it often, or you could just go find a $800 ring at one of the parks up there! ;D. I sent you a PM
 
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

SFBayArea said:
Well, got one keeper 1954-S. I almost passed it up and saw it when I reviewed the rolls just to be sure. Typical dime box for me. I thought initially that I got skunked so I forced myself to use my metal detector to find some change at a local school. Was mostly looking for quarters so I got $3.03 (13 quarters & 3 copper pennies). I hate it when I think I'm digging for a dime and I get a copper penny. That was hard work.. so much digging. I have a new rule for myself, anytime I get skunked on a dime box, I have to go make up for the gas money by metal detecting. It's punishment for getting skunked.. lol
Keep it up SF, there's more silver in the ground out there, than there is in rolls!
 
Re: Today's dime box (9/14/10)

still...something is better than nothing!!! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom