Todays find - Aviation Headset and GPS

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's find - Aviation Headset and GPS

Most of the sales I went to today were pretty dissapointing. Late in the morning, I found a leather carry-on type bag and could see some cool looking headphones. Poked around in the bag a little more and saw aviation maps, and a GPS. I knew then that the headphones were actually a pilot's headset.

Brought the bag to the lady running the sale and she asked me if $10 would be too much. I paid it.

The headset is a David Clark H10-13.4 aviation headset. They sell for $300 new, and $100-$200 new. Mine is at the upper-end condition wise, so I hope to get close to $200.

The GPS is a Garmin GPS 89. It's one of the first GPS receivers, so it's pretty rudimentary. It's in excellent condition also. It works - I put batteries in it, brought it outside, and got a fix. I couldn't find the GPS 89 in either active, sold, or completed listings on eBay, so I have no idea whatsoever the value. I put it at $149 OBO to see if I get any interest.

In addition, there was a Cessna pilot's guide book, blank book of flight plans, an ID badge to gain access to a local airport (expired 1999), several outdated maps and airport info and even a copy of the guy's student loan application to go to flight school. :)

$_57 (1).JPG $_57.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may remember, I recently sold the exact same David Clark headset. I listed it for $150 BIN and it sold in about 3 days if I remember correctly, so I may have pricedit a little low. I did get $500 for the life raft though and $100 for the yoke cap that was in rough shape. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...lanes-consolidated-vultee-b-24-yoke-caps.html

And yes, I remember the post now, because of the yoke. You are right, you could have done a little better, especially with the box on the headset. (depending on the condition). That headset sells brand new for $300, so getting $150+ is doing good imo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread