What's new

Todays find..Can you identify???

cintisteve

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
1,188
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Chester Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's V3I,White's xlt,Fisher F4,Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's find..Can you identify???

Found this broach this morning. It s quite old. Seems to have a roll of rings around the border with small flowers.It is possibly silver. It had writing on the back either letters or numbers;cant tell. Thanks
Steve
 

Attachments

  • P1011830.webp
    P1011830.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 934
  • P1011831.webp
    P1011831.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 921
Upvote 0
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

Cool.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

It may have held an enamel piece that fell out. Looks nice though :thumbsup:

Acevillav
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

I believe it to be a woman's hair pin with the enamel missing as stated above. It is indeed in the shape of a bow and would have looked very nice in some lovely ladies hair. Good Find! :wink:
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

That is the old Wal-Mart employee name tag from before they slashed all their prices and had to switch to plastic to keep costs down.
Quite a find.

I bet it is worth 1.6 Million or so.

LOL

Seriously though,
Nice find!
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

{Sentinel} said:
I believe it to be a woman's hair pin with the enamel missing as stated above. It is indeed in the shape of a bow and would have looked very nice in some lovely ladies hair. Good Find! :wink:
There could have been a half of bird sticking off that thing ;D No telling what have been on the pin,hard to say.Some pretty crazy stuff gone bad with the fashion world back then......I'll take it anyday,nice find!!!!
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

It's not a hair clip or barrette, wrong clasp. It's a typical pin clasp. No way you could get that to fasten or stay in your hair; it'd pull your hair out to fasten it (tangle in the clasp), then fall down on the opposite side. Hair clips have wide holders, not pins for fasteners. Definitely a pin. Might be missing something on the front of it, though, like was said. -Noodle
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

Well I have not a clue what it really is but its cool anyhow! If I was to offer up a guess I might think it was a Sash pin. Lady ties a sash around her waist and has this nice little bowtie to pin it on with........Just a guess!


HH
Slipperyjack
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

Steve,
I was in Missouri this weekend and found myself in the local library looking at antique books. Wow! There was a pin that resembled your's. They called it a "horse blanket pin." Rather longated with the classic pin clasp. What are the measurements of your's? The one I saw was 7" long.

Noodle
 
Re: Today's find..Can you identify???

interesting find, looks like a brooch, wtg tg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom