Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Find: Large Dark Chalcedony Agate

I posted this in the Rock/Gem forum, so if I'm cross-posting somehow; sorry in advance mods.

I found this 6-8 lb. piece of Agate in the yard today here in the Tennessee mountains.

Dry:
125_1689.JPG

Wet:
125_1690.JPG
125_1693.JPG
125_1694.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2
That is pretty. Do you do any rock work, or are you considering getting someone to try to polish it up for you? A beautiful find.
I live/work/hunt in S. Korea. I do find geodes, but so far haven't found one with anything to polish inside. Takes a bit to break them open. But the Koreans are big fans of rock
like what you found. Great find.

Thank you! I stumbled across this (literally) in the yard. I picked it up out of the soil and started to clean it off. I immediately noticed the light-brown rings and I knew what I had. I am going to cut this piece so it has a nice, flat side showing. It will go on the shelf most likely, seeing as though it is the largest agate I've found. I will post pictures of this process as well. Thanks for the kind words. -Luke

Can't wait to see it cut & polished!! Don't let us down.......post pictures!!!!:thumbsup:

Just need some time for this one. It's going to be a beauty. I will definitely post pictures of the progress!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back