Todays Finds :: 05/26/06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds :: 05/26/06

I hunted about 10 yards today. The finds were few and far between. The most promising yard was about a quarter acre and the house was built in 1850. I was hoping for some goodies out there! I quickly found out that it was mostly fill dirt around it because I was getting memorials at about 6" deep. Blah to that! I did manage to squeak out a 1919 or 1918 Mercury Dime that is very well worn, as you can see in the picture! I also got a ring in that yard as well. Then at all of the other houses combined all I could get was 4 wheats (20, 23, 42, 48), a virgin mary pendant, a broken junk ring, 2 buckles, and a 1941 Quarter. The quarter and 3 of the wheats came out the final houses yard that was built in 1930 and they were all a good 8" deep. I also found that thing in the bottom right of the picture. Does anyone know what it might be? There is nothing on the inside that could make it screw on to anything, and it came out of the ground shiny. It is also heavy as a brick for its size and it appears to be gold. Is there anything I can do to test it? One side of it reads "KR2005" It was deep at that first yard and rang up in the pull tab range. I am going to assume that it is just brass. I also got the usual pile of clad as well.

05-26-06.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread