What's new

Today's Finds 7-26-2025 New Permission

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In researching family history over the last couple weeks, I came across a schoolhouse in a neighboring county and was able to secure permission to search the property. Made arrangements with the property owners and took a trip today for a preliminary look. Met with the property owners and learned a lot about the property. Found out there are two other buildings from the 1800's. A house, built in the mid 1800's and a grist mill built in 1811. Went on a tour of the property and then on to detecting. Most of the property is overgrown at the moment, so our return trips will probably be in the fall once the weeds start dying off.

Started at the house, the mill is totally overgrown at this time. Lot of signals around the yard that we could get to. Mostly iron, but who knows what mixed in. Only pulled out a few items worth showing today.

This is interesting although I have no idea what it is.

P1002319_WM.webp
P1002320_WM.webp


A nice old nail.

P1002321_WM.webp
P1002322_WM.webp


Over at the schoolhouse we found a zinclon, clad dime and this 1897 IHP.

P1002317_WM.webp
P1002318_WM.webp


Last week for the first time I tried creek detecting. Had a fun time although I only find a 1965 clad dime.

P1002323_WM.webp
P1002324_WM.webp


Thanks for looking...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 19
In researching family history over the last couple weeks, I came across a schoolhouse in a neighboring county and was able to secure permission to search the property. Made arrangements with the property owners and took a trip today for a preliminary look. Met with the property owners and learned a lot about the property. Found out there are two other buildings from the 1800's. A house, built in the mid 1800's and a grist mill built in 1811. Went on a tour of the property and then on to detecting. Most of the property is overgrown at the moment, so our return trips will probably be in the fall once the weeds start dying off.

Started at the house, the mill is totally overgrown at this time. Lot of signals around the yard that we could get to. Mostly iron, but who knows what mixed in. Only pulled out a few items worth showing today.

This is interesting although I have no idea what it is.

View attachment 2218492View attachment 2218493

A nice old nail.

View attachment 2218494View attachment 2218495

Over at the schoolhouse we found a zinclon, clad dime and this 1897 IHP.

View attachment 2218490View attachment 2218491

Last week for the first time I tried creek detecting. Had a fun time although I only find a 1965 clad dime.

View attachment 2218496View attachment 2218497

Thanks for looking...
Very Cool!! ! Congrats!!!
 
I have found military uniform buttons from the Revolutionary period with crossed cannons like yours, indicative of artillerymen. Yours may be part of a uniform from the period.
 
Nice finds, I like that crossed cannons item and the Indian.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom