What's new

Todays finds. A whats it.

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Got done broken points a scraper a nice bead don't know if its indian you tell me? A nutting stone hammer stone. And a hand axe or ? Fits the hand perfect all beat up on the front edge notched on both sides like a net sinker. So what do you think it is and what about the bead?
 

Attachments

  • image-2584113548.webp
    image-2584113548.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2857253674.webp
    image-2857253674.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2008628589.webp
    image-2008628589.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3857055262.webp
    image-3857055262.webp
    46 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1862974227.webp
    image-1862974227.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2228305793.webp
    image-2228305793.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3052164459.webp
    image-3052164459.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
That sure looks like some type of chopper and the bead if it is glass, could be a trade item. More pics and info of the bead would help. Nice finds:thumbsup:
 
Thanks I really think its a chopper to. Fits hand real nice and is all chopper up on front. I tried go get better pics of bead. It is glass and painted.
 

Attachments

  • image-2117955830.webp
    image-2117955830.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3742374405.webp
    image-3742374405.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1703720180.webp
    image-1703720180.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-910206621.webp
    image-910206621.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 112
You didn't say where you were located.
However..the material of the notched piece appears to be rayholite and if so probably places you in or near the Carolina's.
If so I'd call that a Guilford axe.
Not a hand axe.
 
Last edited:
After looking closer I am probably wrong about the material but that is what I would call a Guilford axe and a nice find.
Mabey there is a different name in your area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom