Today's Finds at a New Park - .37 Cents but no Trash.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran across a new park (2016 / 2017) today and dropped in for a quick hunt. I couldn't believe there wasn't a bit of trash in the 20x20 (Yards) area I was in. This park looks like it could produce some great relics - I have all week to hunt it and find out.

There wasn't another soul around and I had hours to kill but, it got too hot for me and the closest shade tree was at the top side of the park - too far from my vehicle and too far uphill to walk.

I did happen across a nice creek but I had no wading shoes so no gold sniffing for me today. Tomorrow I will put on my Simms Wading Socks and my Korkers and walk the creek. We had a good rain last night so maybe it stirred something up - might even be a Point or two.

Here's the picture.

Todays Finds 03_02_2020_0001.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Upvote 6

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too hot?? I should move further south I guess.

Glad you found a spot to hunt! The closest park to me has supposedly had every inch detected a hundred times, but I found a nice set of harmonica reeds a couple weeks ago. You never know what might be there. Good luck!

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too hot?? I should move further south I guess.

Come on down. We still have plenty of room! :)

Oh, forgot to mention... everyone in the south has running water - we all have a creek on our land, we have electricity - everyone gets a pair of wool socks and a throw rug, and, I saved the best for last, we all have a bathroom with a view - all outhouses have a moon cut out in the door.

You can't ask for more than that! [chuckle]
-DH-

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a fun time, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt I love it when no ones around that's why I dont mind hunting in the rain not pouring rain lol. I dont think I'll ever find a park without a pop top every inch or so good job

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt I love it when no ones around that's why I dont mind hunting in the rain not pouring rain lol. I dont think I'll ever find a park without a pop top every inch or so good job

Since my finds on the knoll in my back yard I haven't been able to get back to the new park. I'm really wanting to hit that creek for some shiny gold! I plan on going this weekend if a buddy of mine can't make it for a Missouri trip - we have it from a close relative where some very old "loot" is. The way it was told to us is that a cousin of mine bought some land not knowing anything about it and a week or so ago he was walking the acreage and came across some "signs" that he couldn't figure out. He contacted my uncle and my uncle called me and described what my cousin found and I darn near fell out of my chair. IF this is what I think it is and we find it, I will NOT tell a soul about it. LOL If it isn't anything but some coinage a previous land owner has hidden, I will let everyone know.

It should be fairly easy to guess what I think it is but, I have been fooled before by wild tales and goose chases.

Can you tell I'm a bit excited anyway? :)

Cheers.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions