ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today's Finds Forum

Very interesting about the Today's Finds Forum. People read your posts but rarely does anyone comment. Does nobody comment if you only find a silver dime or an Indian penny? There are a lot of readers but hardly any comments unless you have an awesome find. Could that be the reason some come here to post unrealistic finds? I like to encourage others to keep going and a silver is a silver no matter if it is common or not.

I usually find plenty of gold rings in the summer. Some days I won't find any. However I will still post unless that is not what people are interested in seeing on here.

It seems like new people that come on here would feel nobody is interested in their posts unless something earth shattering comes out of the ground when they dig. I can see some on here get discouraged because they put in a lot of work taking pictures and talking about their hunt and nobody cares.

As for me, I could care less. Maybe I just need to congratulate others and not bother posting anything. If folks don't care how much time and effort a person takes to talk about their hunt, people won't care to post.

Just curious on others thoughts. Not interested in a war or accusations or people attacking what I think I see.

Thanks.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at as much as I can but do not know coins. So most of my posts are geared to relics or minerals.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I look at as much as I can but do not know coins. So most of my posts are geared to relics or minerals.

I certainly can understand that. One thing I was awed about when I signed up to this forum is the vast array of topics and threads. I have yet to even tackle an 8th of them. Thank you.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting about the Today's Finds Forum. People read your posts but rarely does anyone comment. Does nobody comment if you only find a silver dime or an Indian penny? There are a lot of readers but hardly any comments unless you have an awesome find. Could that be the reason some come here to post unrealistic finds? I like to encourage others to keep going and a silver is a silver no matter if it is common or not.

I usually find plenty of gold rings in the summer. Some days I won't find any. However I will still post unless that is not what people are interested in seeing on here.

It seems like new people that come on here would feel nobody is interested in their posts unless something earth shattering comes out of the ground when they dig. I can see some on here get discouraged because they put in a lot of work taking pictures and talking about their hunt and nobody cares.

As for me, I could care less. Maybe I just need to congratulate others and not bother posting anything. If folks don't care how much time and effort a person takes to talk about their hunt, people won't care to post.

Just curious on others thoughts. Not interested in a war or accusations or people attacking what I think I see.

Thanks.
I'm just too damned lazy to type anything most of the time....I'm sure glad they have a like button!! Nothing personal....:occasion14:

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try to reply. Even if it's nothing else but words of encouragement.

LordoftheZincs

Dec 14, 2013
San Juan Island WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to me on "the other forum" Scuba. There is a thread over there where I had found a real pretty silver ring and some other odds and ends one day and 140 ppl looked and no one said anything. I cant seem to find 100 year old coins where I live so that kind of stuff is about as good as I can do! :laughing7:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That happened to me on "the other forum" Scuba. There is a thread over there where I had found a real pretty silver ring and some other odds and ends one day and 140 ppl looked and no one said anything. I cant seem to find 100 year old coins where I live so that kind of stuff is about as good as I can do! :laughing7:

And that is sad. You spend time and are excited about your find and nobody says a word. I am wondering if that is one of the reasons some people have to post outrageous finds with no stories. But at least you are happy with your treasures and that is what counts. Thanks for the reply also.

I still remember the day I dug my gold coin.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

And that is sad. You spend time and are excited about your find and nobody says a word. I am wondering if that is one of the reasons some people have to post outrageous finds with no stories. But at least you are happy with your treasures and that is what counts. Thanks for the reply also.

I still remember the day I dug my gold coin.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I try and support those that are fairly new to the hobby especially infinding their "firsts", even if it's just clicking the like button.

LordoftheZincs

Dec 14, 2013
San Juan Island WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can say that again Scuba! :laughing7: Yeah I dunno why, maybe it was my snappy title. It was something like "maybe these fake a** Chinese tokens DO work" er something lol I may go back and congratulate myself after I'm released on parole. Haven't decided if I wanna go back or not. Like someone said, at least here there is a like button that seems to get used a lot if nothing else. :thumbsup:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than comment "Hey, nice find", I will sometimes not comment and just give the person a LIKE so they know I looked.
Marvin

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I'm good about posting other times I'm not it just depends on what's happening in real land

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI......Views include non registered members who also read threads/posts, they can read but can't post so 140 views doesn't mean 140 registered members read the thread.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
FYI......Views include non registered members who also read threads/posts, they can read but can't post so 140 views doesn't mean 140 registered members read the thread.

Thank you for that information and thanks all for saying you hit the like button. I have hit it a few times but will probably do it more. I will still comment when I think they tell a story and spend time to post instead of posting a picture and not saying much.

I have a habit of posting a lot of my trash finds also. I keep 5 gallon buckets beside my house to fill with brass, copper and other things. I never toss trash back in the water, or dirt. I hate wasting air. I don't want to dig something up I have dug up before underwater. EVERY target I find is something new.

Thanks for the comments and I will figure this site out sooner or later.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that information and thanks all for saying you hit the like button. I have hit it a few times but will probably do it more. I will still comment when I think they tell a story and spend time to post instead of posting a picture and not saying much.

I have a habit of posting a lot of my trash finds also. I keep 5 gallon buckets beside my house to fill with brass, copper and other things. I never toss trash back in the water, or dirt. I hate wasting air. I don't want to dig something up I have dug up before underwater. EVERY target I find is something new.

Thanks for the comments and I will figure this site out sooner or later.
Not a problem, many members have been fooled thinking the total views were only registered members why didn't they say something...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Rather than comment "Hey, nice find", I will sometimes not comment and just give the person a LIKE so they know I looked.
Marvin

Oftentimes, anything I might want to say has already been said, so often I will like what someone else says that I agree with.

That said, it's difficult to try to "learn" when all there is in a thread are compliments. Would be nice to read details of the find as well; location, conditions, equipment used, how deep, type of soil, moisture, how highly populated or how often hunted, etc. Is not often that we get the ho-hum, boring details, but they are interesting to some people.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post Scuba,, I try to visit the forum every day.
It's like a mental health break. I also try to post as much as I can, especially words of encouragement. It is very important to me to try to stay out of the controversies that come up from time to time.
I don't have any Earth Shattering finds so far this year, so I guess my silver coins will have to do.
Good luck on the upcoming Dive Season.

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting about the Today's Finds Forum. People read your posts but rarely does anyone comment. Does nobody comment if you only find a silver dime or an Indian penny? There are a lot of readers but hardly any comments unless you have an awesome find. I usually find plenty of gold rings in the summer. Some days I won't find any. However I will still post unless that is not what people are interested in seeing on here.

I can see some on here get discouraged because they put in a lot of work taking pictures and talking about their hunt and nobody cares.

Just curious on others thoughts.

Thanks.
I think you are reading too much into this, IMO.

I don't post my finds very often. I hunt for 1700s relics in poor areas, so there won't be a banner find. I found two large coppers in the last 10 days, but they are real poor condition, so I did not bother. But if I find a really decorative colonial Dandy button, I would.

as far as lots of looks and no comments: If some of those lookers are like me, I like to see what people get excited about, even if not my type of find. I see people get thrilled about a find, and it makes me want to get out myself....even if they hunt where I never do.

On the other hand, if you have a good sounding thread title and get almost no views, then that's different.

it was way tooo hot in the woods an hour ago, on a real iffy old former field that only dates to 1840...found nothing old...but came back to cool off and I'm going to another site late today to rake out a burn pile that had a 1700s button right on top. So, I decided to read the Finds forum while I wait for cooler temps.. lol

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read Today's Finds, in spurts, but never miss an issue of General Discussion, Metal Detecting, The Garrett forum under Brands, or Oklahoma. While I don't often comment, when I do it's meant to encourage novice and pro alike. Scuba's comments encourage me to visit Today's Finds, more often, and at least acknowledge those who do take the time, and effort to share their successes. Thanks ScubaDetector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions