What's new

Todays Finds in CRH

Ryedale

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
The day started off normal enough and turned out to be very nice.

I got a call from the receptionist/greeter girl at my bank on Saturday, I missed the call and could not get back with her till today. Turns out another branch in town, took in some "older" rolled CWR (customer wrapped rolls) and wanted to know if I wanted them. (I always buy pennies from their lobby sorter/self service machine so they are semi trained to call me). So I drop what I'm doing and head over there, They start hauling these things out. They are all rolls with dates, none newer than the early 60's, so most are rolls of wheat pennies. Her you go, that's $62 dollars worth..........OK twist my arm, I'll take them.
So I then ask did you get any other rolled coin from the person, or how about halves? I have two halves in my drawer, I'll get them. She looks at them and says Hmm a 1982, and a 1966.....Ok I'll take them too.
Meanwhile one other teller must have overheard me ask for halves, and ran in back and comes out with a box of $900 CWR halves. I looked at one roll, and it didn't look good, but In the end I take them too. I got through the halves and have already returned them to my dump bank, they only yielded 4 additional 40% coins, but it was fun to look through them. It appeared that they had been searched, the rolls had x's on them, and the coins had red permanent marker marks on them too. Too bad they missed the 4, got one on the very last roll. Felt like Charlie in the Willy Wonka movie.

Couldn't help but to check out a couple rolls of the wheat's either, There were whole rolls of 1955, on back to the early 40's. Then theres two rolls marked "old mixed" One roll has mostly 1920's coins, but nothing outstanding, best coin a 1929 S. Look through the other roll, it's got Teens pennies, and............a 1909.....................plain, wow that was close. It was fun and the $62 is probably at least worth double or 3 times what I paid. Nice tellers here, I think I owe them Pizza or something.

Can somebody please take over the sorter business, so I have more time for CRH. Andy
 
Upvote 0
Great bank and tellers!
Congrats!
Who needs a Ryedale when you get that kind of service?
 
Nice finds, Ryedale...you lucky dog! ;)

Especially with the 1909!! :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom