Today's Finds Knoll Hunt Round 2 - More Pink Depression Glass and odd looking cans?

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what these pieces of cans are but there are more than what I've pictured here. I found the Glass just inches away from where I found the Glass yesterday.

If anyone knows anything about the round "top and bottom" of whatever it is, please comment. It almost looks like a very old Caulk Tube. Dunno.

Oh yeah, and an old Butter Knife. No markings so I'm thinking it's cheap old stuff. [grin]

Almost forgot... there is part of a shallow ladle or large spoon. Again, I'm not sure.

Here's the picture:
Today's Finds RdII_03_05_2020_0005.JPG

I'm coming across a LOT of old trashy items. Therefore, I am fairly certain that I have found a trash dump where an old house used to sit. There is a Jar that is too deep for me to dig out - I have found pieces of the lid and what I think are a few pieces of the glass jar.

More to come tomorrow - hopefully better stuff.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 8

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
be careful when you dig, you should find intact bottles at your site.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear the same pair of gloves that meat cutters wear. I do have to keep reminding myself not to take a glove off and reach in the hole and I'm careful about not breaking any glass if I can help it. It's tough sometimes because where I'm digging there are targets on top of others and sometimes prying up on the one on top breaks the glass underneath, which I can't see or don't know about.

Thanks guys!
-DH-

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool knife, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it kind of looks like the remains of a picnic from the 1930's

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread