What's new

Todays hunt, 3 old farmyards

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Nothing. One wheat and a handfull of memorials. Junk ring marked 18K. I've been in a slump with the last 5 yard hunts. At least 3 had been hunted previously per the homeowners. These are homes 120+ y.o. To top it off my detector has been acting goofy, don't know if the ground conditions are causing that or what. Oh well, it's still early yet and there have been lots of good finds lately to read about. HH all, ffd
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Spooky said:
It's starting.

There is only a finite number of things TO find, and when the number of people swinging better and better detectors with nothing else to do but detect every day crosses the "drop factor" on a bar graph, we get this.

Some areas will take longer.
Heh-heh......Spooky, it's uncanny. You've described me to a "T". ffd
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Check your connection where the cord goes into the machine. Mine keeps coming loose, and boy can I tell when it is! Head up, nose to the grind stone and go get em! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Mike from MI said:
Check your connection where the cord goes into the machine. Mine keeps coming loose, and boy can I tell when it is! Head up, nose to the grind stone and go get em! :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike, I also pulled the coil cover off of my coil, forgot I even had one. It was a bit dirty between it and the coil.
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

hang in there brother...you know there is some oldies out there with your name on them. we've got plenty of time :sunny:
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Man, sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. You'll hit a good yard, then you'll back in the swing. Wonder if some of it might be your detector though. You can almost always pull at least one oldie outta places like you have hit. Especially with an explorer. Whats it doing?
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Jim C. said:
Man, sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. You'll hit a good yard, then you'll back in the swing. Wonder if some of it might be your detector though. You can almost always pull at least one oldie outta places like you have hit. Especially with an explorer. Whats it doing?
I haven't figured it out yet Jim, but I think it's just trashy yards. And this coil does not like nuts, lol. Ever hunt a yard with lots of walnuts or hickory nuts? Wow! I did just score a couple indians in this last yard, beneath a blanket of nuts.
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Not every old home produces goodies, I can attest to that. :tongue3:

Keep digging!
 
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Mike from MI said:
Check your connection where the cord goes into the machine. Mine keeps coming loose, and boy can I tell when it is! Head up, nose to the grind stone and go get em! :thumbsup:

My brother had the exact same problem last summer with his Minelab SE and I said maybe it's got a lose connection and sure enough after he took it apart that's what it was.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom