Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Nothing. One wheat and a handfull of memorials. Junk ring marked 18K. I've been in a slump with the last 5 yard hunts. At least 3 had been hunted previously per the homeowners. These are homes 120+ y.o. To top it off my detector has been acting goofy, don't know if the ground conditions are causing that or what. Oh well, it's still early yet and there have been lots of good finds lately to read about. HH all, ffd

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Today's hunt, 3 old farmyards

Spooky said:
It's starting.

There is only a finite number of things TO find, and when the number of people swinging better and better detectors with nothing else to do but detect every day crosses the "drop factor" on a bar graph, we get this.

Some areas will take longer.
Heh-heh......Spooky, it's uncanny. You've described me to a "T". ffd

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Check your connection where the cord goes into the machine. Mine keeps coming loose, and boy can I tell when it is! Head up, nose to the grind stone and go get em! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike from MI said:
Check your connection where the cord goes into the machine. Mine keeps coming loose, and boy can I tell when it is! Head up, nose to the grind stone and go get em! :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike, I also pulled the coil cover off of my coil, forgot I even had one. It was a bit dirty between it and the coil.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hang in there brother...you know there is some oldies out there with your name on them. we've got plenty of time :sunny:

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

Man, sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. You'll hit a good yard, then you'll back in the swing. Wonder if some of it might be your detector though. You can almost always pull at least one oldie outta places like you have hit. Especially with an explorer. Whats it doing?

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Jim C. said:
Man, sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. You'll hit a good yard, then you'll back in the swing. Wonder if some of it might be your detector though. You can almost always pull at least one oldie outta places like you have hit. Especially with an explorer. Whats it doing?
I haven't figured it out yet Jim, but I think it's just trashy yards. And this coil does not like nuts, lol. Ever hunt a yard with lots of walnuts or hickory nuts? Wow! I did just score a couple indians in this last yard, beneath a blanket of nuts.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not every old home produces goodies, I can attest to that. :tongue3:

Keep digging!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike from MI said:

My brother had the exact same problem last summer with his Minelab SE and I said maybe it's got a lose connection and sure enough after he took it apart that's what it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread