What's new

todays hunt

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
today's hunt

Checked out some new locations today looking for halves. Must have hit a dozen or more banks with no halves,or one to two at best.
I went to one bank where the teller once again told me that he didn't have any halves, but if I come back in a half hour the girl that was on her lunch break has some. So I said that I will be back in a half hour,but was actually thinking of calling it a day.

Well I stopped for a bite to eat,gassed up the car and went back to the bank anyway. The girl was back from lunch and did indeed have six rolls.
So here is what I got:

1963 Franklin
1964 Kennedy
3x 1967
3x 1968
1x 1969
Not bad,glad I stopped back.

I hit 4 more banks on my trip home and stopped at my bank to order a couple of boxes. They told me that I might have to PAY for them. I told them that if I had to pay I'll close my account.
What's up with these greedy banksters?
 
Upvote 0
Re: today's hunt

Good thing you went back, nice score... I think with the things are now a days, the banks are trying to make money wherever they can!
 
Re: today's hunt

They are tired of getting burned by people who don't come back to get the halves and by people getting boxes and dumping them back at the same bank they got them from. Some of these tellers just hate to lug around 26 pound boxes and 49-50 pound bags.
Take care out there, Jim
 
Re: today's hunt

Checked out some new locations today looking for halves. Must have hit a dozen or more banks with no halves,or one to two at best.
thats exactly how my last two trips went....except i only got 2-40%ers each day :thumbsup:
 
Re: today's hunt

Rich Hartford said:
I told them that if I had to pay I'll close my account.

So how did they respond to that?

Mojo
 
Re: today's hunt

Well they said that they will order the boxes and that I probably would not have to pay. We will see. I won't pay a fee,so if they are going to charge me one they can keep them. In fact they will become my new dump spot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom