What's new

Todays misc searches 08-11-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's misc searches 08-11-2007

Well today I had to meet my parents about an hour a half from my house to drop off the kids for the week since we take off for "Immyland" tomorrow morning.

On the way there I cashed in some rejects and looked through the coin condoms (clear plastic rolls) for silver dimes and quarters. Got lucky and picked up a roll with a 1953-D quarter. Silver quarter #10 on the year which means I met my goal for the year. ;D

It just so happens that there is a casino in the town I met my parents at that still has some coin operated machines. It was really busy so I didn't stay long. The half dollar machines were packed so I ended up looking through $400 in quarters and only $100 in halves before leaving. The quarters produced nada except a miscount when cashing in (lost a quarter). The halves produced a lone 1976-S CuNi impaired proof.

On the way home I stopped by a couple of small towns (well mainly 1 small town) with my metal detector. Probably my best day for volume. For the two hours I MD'd before the rain chased me out, I ended up with 12 quarters, 11 dimes, 8 nickels, and 26 pennies. 57 coins = $4.76 in two hours is much better than I usually do. Nothing old, but I was still happy. I stopped by another small town about 15 minutes down the road, but as I pulled in the severe weather siren sounded so I decided I should just head home and get ready to fly out..only 8.5 hours till take off.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's misc searches 08-11-2007

The Welcome mat is out my friend! I tested the waters tonight (also looked for cyberdan, no luck) and the results were pretty standard.

**$600/Halves**

1964, 1964-D, 1965, 1967 and a 1974 with not 1, not 2, but four holes drilled into it. I've never seen one with more than two.

**$40/Nickels**

Seven pre-1960: 1940, 1947-S, 1953-D, 1953-S, 1957, 1957-D, 1959-D. First time in awhile with no repeaters.

**$10/Pennies**

Wheaties: 1952-D, 1958-D. Also a 1960-D small date and a 1999 Canadian.
 
Re: Today's misc searches 08-11-2007

Immy said:
...(also looked for cyberdan, no luck)
I made the 4.5 hour drive for the weekend but couldn't talk myself into casino hopping. I don't know if it was the 105* heat and wind, the 1,000,000 people or the 900,000 smokers.

I stayed at the Orleans and just walking from the front door to the room elevator was a pain in the lungs and eyes. My daughter and I are both sensitive to smoke. When she was 5 or 6 she had to be admitted to the hospital for a week because of 2nd hand smoke. >:(
 
Re: Today's misc searches 08-11-2007

cyberdan said:
Immy said:
...(also looked for cyberdan, no luck)
I made the 4.5 hour drive for the weekend but couldn't talk myself into casino hopping. I don't know if it was the 105* heat and wind, the 1,000,000 people or the 900,000 smokers.

I stayed at the Orleans and just walking from the front door to the room elevator was a pain in the lungs and eyes. My daughter and I are both sensitive to smoke. When she was 5 or 6 she had to be admitted to the hospital for a week because of 2nd hand smoke. >:(

Yeah, the casinos are really the last refuge for hardcore smokers. In our last election we passed a sweeping smoking ban in all restaurants and in any bar/nightclub that sells food but casinos weren't on the agenda. Some in Atlantic City have successfully banned it but it will take some serious arm twisting to accomplish that here, if ever.

Sorry you weren't able to search Dan. Hope you enjoyed time with your folks anyway.
 
Re: Today's misc searches 08-11-2007

Immy said:
In our last election we passed a sweeping smoking ban in all restaurants and in any bar/nightclub that sells food but casinos weren't on the agenda.
hmmmmmm sounds like someone from Chicago named Guido or Knuckles paid ($$$) the local politicians a visit. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom