What's new

Today's quick hunt

welsbury

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a little time this afternoon so went point hunting. Nothing special but here they are.
 

Attachments

  • P1050567.webp
    P1050567.webp
    257.4 KB · Views: 120
  • P1050568.webp
    P1050568.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 222
  • P1050570.webp
    P1050570.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 227
  • P1050572.webp
    P1050572.webp
    349.1 KB · Views: 104
  • P1050574.webp
    P1050574.webp
    62 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
And the rest. Last is group shot and pic of hafted scraper. It was probably 5ft. away from bigger point and could have gotten them both in same pic but didn't notice it right then. Thought it was a broke point until I looked at it closer. Gawd I love point hunting.
 

Attachments

  • P1050575.webp
    P1050575.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 110
  • P1050576.webp
    P1050576.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 104
Obsidian? Looks special to me.
 
Mostly obsidian Rock.One piece of dacite(hafted scraper) other little scraper is something colored. Pretty flake is just a flake but it is nice and colorful. Wish it would have been a point.
 
Mostly obsidian Rock.One piece of dacite(hafted scraper) other little scraper is something colored. Pretty flake is just a flake but it is nice and colorful. Wish it would have been a point.

Most of the real pretty ones I find are broken I feel your pain. The ugly ones are always whole go figure.
 
Nice finds ... The point in pic #5 is as really good looking. Looks like a good day
 
Nothing special........you're killing me man. Great stuff...must be a large obsidian source near you. I find obsidian as well but I'm not sure where it came from...yet.
 
Nice finds ... The point in pic #5 is as really good looking. Looks like a good day

The pic makes it look a whole lot better than it really is, mostly a flake with edge chipping.
 

Attachments

  • P1050577.webp
    P1050577.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 96
  • P1050578.webp
    P1050578.webp
    47 KB · Views: 106
Nothing special........you're killing me man. Great stuff...must be a large obsidian source near you. I find obsidian as well but I'm not sure where it came from...yet.

Thanks man, there is obs all around here. They liked it a lot. You have a lot around your area too.
 
Most of the real pretty ones I find are broken I feel your pain. The ugly ones are always whole go figure.

I don't know why that is.The prettiest or the most outstanding are usually broke.But not always...
 
Thanks man, there is obs all around here. They liked it a lot. You have a lot around your area too.

Are you anywhere near glass butte?

That little flake with the edge flaking to me is really cool. It seems the obvious thing to do with a flake already in the right shape.
 
Are you anywhere near glass butte?

That little flake with the edge flaking to me is really cool. It seems the obvious thing to do with a flake already in the right shape.

Glass Butte is in central Oregon and quite a distance from me. You find obs from there all over central and eastern OR. An amazing variety comes from there. Check out Timber Butte obsidian. It will show it and many other sources in Idaho many near you.
 
Ah yes I see it is much more central than I had thought it was. Thanks for the info- the Squaw butte source is near me....I'll have to go check it out.

There is also jasper sources near, but I'd need a pretty capable 4x4 to get there,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom