Todays thrift store finds

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Today's thrift store finds

I found these at a thrift store near the office today total weight 60 grams.
Bracelets have TS-60 and Mexico 925 on one the other I cannot make it out other
than Mexico and 925. I posted a pic maybe somebody can make it out. The charm has HAN 925 Italy.

ForumRunner_20120619_180356.png

ForumRunner_20120619_180413.png

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here is a better picture of the marks for the bracelet I can't make out.
Oh yeah, total price for the items was $20.

ForumRunner_20120619_182117.png

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. I have the same Taxco "belt" bracelet. Here is a little info. regarding the particular markings on your Taxco pieces-
Mexican silversmiths since 1979 have marked sterling silver from Mexico with two letters, a dash and two numbers. The first letter identifies the city in Mexico, and the second letter identifies the last name of the silversmith. The numbers identify the specific silversmith who uses the mark. For example, a TC-40 mark is a Taxco piece from a silversmith whose last name begins with "C" and who was the 40th silversmith to register.

As for the pendant markings, there are plenty of other pieces out there with that same makers mark.

The 2 bracelets will command a small premium over melt value if listed on Ebay. Nice silver finds for a thrift store. I don't usually find any sterling at them, except once every 6 months or so.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it says 925 TS-40 Mexico....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be, it's hard to tell. At this point it really doesn't matter because the initialing system in place can't be further researched in any more detail as to the actual maker on a mass produced piece like this one. Their are literally thousands of individuals using this numbering system and only a few produce original designs. These are co-stamped with other identification marks. According to the book "The Little Book of Marks on Southwestern Silver" by Bille Hougart, reproducing and publishing a comprehensive listing of thousands of registration numbers used by individuals who mass produce silver items on contract, or by weight has little merit.

The piece I have is marked TA-100.

100_7213.jpg

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OK, that is pretty much what I gathered from the reasearch I have done. I have actually found a few nice pieces at the thrift stores, which is wierd because I had not found this much silver before. I'll take it as long as it lasts. I will post pics of anymore ineresting things I find. I enjoy looking at everybody's finds and have learned quite a bit from your posts. I can tell you, it is a pretty cool feeling to find my own silver items. Thanks for all the info and comments I have received.

Luis S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread